Author Topic: MusicBee v3.0 - My mouse wheel has no effet on the scroll bar  (Read 4796 times)

steeno

Hello

I’m a french MusicBee user since almost a year after several years with Foobar.
I have started my experience on the 2.5 version, and I was impressed by the agility and the powerful of MB compared my +150k files.
I have tested the v3.0 with several skins, currently I’m satisfied by the changes between the 2 versions, but I have an issue with my mouse wheel which has no effect on the scroll bar.
I can’t up or down among my files, I have found only one user on the forum who has encountered the same issue. So I don't think there is a global bug but only from my side.
Is there a plugin or specific file to install in order to fix the problem ?

I use the last v3.0 available on Windows 7 at work and 8.1 at home.

redwing

I think more info is needed for you to get helped with the issue.

- mouse scroll is working on panels, but not on scroll bars? Or both? It should work on both.
- working fine on 2.5, but not on 3.0? Or both? Also try latest patch: http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
- it would be helpful if you post a screenshot of your MB's full layout telling where it's not working: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0

steeno

Hi redwing

Thanks for your prompt response.
It’s works fine on 2.5, not on 3.0, at each every update from Steven, I download the last version and I replace it in folder.

I can scroll with my mouse wheel in only one case when I select the artists view, as you can see below I can scroll up and down among the pictures.

But when I change of view, "Albums and Tracks" like the exemple below I can't scroll among the files.

For all other scroll bars, "Thumbnail browser", "Column browser", "Library explorer" ...etc I also can't scroll anything.

Steven

• Administrator
if the panel has focus does the mousewheel scroll work?
i guess i would need to have you run a debug version to see what is happening so can you confirm you are happy to run a debug version

steeno

Hi Steven

Sorry for the delay, yes I can run a debug version to see what's happen.
Tell me how can I do it ?

PS : Today I saw that I could scroll the biography with my mouse.

Steven

• Administrator
I have sent you a PM with a link to a debug version
unzip the link into the folder MB is installed and then using the Album and Tracks layout, do the mouse wheel a couple of times in both directions and then send me the info at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

steeno

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your link, I have tested the debug version today, and miracle, the scroll with my mouse works now.
I have sent you a PM with the info of the log error

Steeno

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a change that should address this for the next v3 update

steeno

Hi Steven,

I have tested your last version of MB and the scrolling with my mouse works like a charm.
I'm impressed by your responsivness and your attention regarding my specific case.

Steeno

Anti

Sorry for resurrecting an old post.

I have just moved from Win7 to a clean install of Win10, and a completely fresh install of MusicBee 3.3.7115 (installer, not MS Store).

I'm using the same laptop and Microsoft wireless mouse as before, but I have the problem outlined in this thread.

EDIT: Actually on re-reading it, this French guy can't scroll at all. So this other old thread is more relevant:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26448.0

The problem is that a middle click on any panel instigates a search, rather than toggling the drag-scroll, like in every other piece of software I have. Any advice on how to fix/change this strange middle-click behaviour?

Thanks.
Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:49:27 PM by Anti

Steven

• Administrator
I'm using the same laptop and Microsoft wireless mouse as before, but I have the problem outlined in this thread.
A middle click on the main panel instigates a search, rather than toggling the drag-scroll.
thats exactly what middle click is supposed to do in MB
not sure how this relates to the original post
what do you mean by "toggle the drag-scroll" ?

Anti

Hi Steven! Thanks for your reply!

In my Win7 install (which I thought was an MBv3 from a few months ago, but I could be wrong!), middle-click brought up the on-screen cursor (as in every other software Eg. Chrome), and moving the mouse scrolled the list in that direction. Staying near the centre was a slow scroll, and moving to the edge of the screen could make it scroll very fast. I could get to the bottom of a long list of music very quickly.

Right now, I can only scroll through a list by rotating the mouse wheel or grabbing the scrollbar. With long lists, the former is too slow, and the latter is too fast/sensitive when trying to zero in on an artist or album.

So you're saying that this was a design decision, and not a Win10 bug? If so, that's ok. I'll get used to it!

Steven

• Administrator
Right now, I can only scroll through a list by rotating the mouse wheel or grabbing the scrollbar. With long lists, the former is too slow, and the latter is too fast/sensitive when trying to zero in on an artist or album.
hold the Alt key and the mouse wheel action will slow down

Anti

The mouse wheel is too slow already. It's dragging the scrollbar in a long list which I find too fast/jerky/sensitive and unwieldy.

The middle mouse scroll was good because it was very smooth, and the speed was very controllable and intuitive.

Don't worry - I'll get used to it! Just thought it was a bug because the middle mouse thing works in every other program.

But if it was by design, then fair enough - no problem. I'm sure loads of users love the one-click search!