Author Topic: MB instantaneously crashes  (Read 1547 times)

Rigbone

Hello all

I've started on fresh Windows 10 recently and installed MB without hesitation and everything was going great... Until it wasn't. My MB now will not open at all, it seems to instantly crash as I watch the executable in the task manager disappear after a few seconds. It shows no error at all and just has the twirling circle on the cursor for a second or two. I've reinstalled MB a few times and even tried an older version I had to no avail. I've also tried to look for any crash logs but I'm unsure. Please help as I do love MB and if it really has to be done I will reinstall windows just to have MB.

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
If an error log exists, it would be under \AppData\ErrorLog.dat if you're using the portable edition. Otherwise ErrorLog.dat will be in C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee. If it's not in \Roaming, look in Local. I can't remember which is used by the installed edition.

You might also try launching MB as Administrator. Right-click on MusicBee.exe and click on 'Run as administrator."
Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:27:19 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Rigbone

If an error log exists, it would be under \AppData\ErrorLog.dat if you're using the portable edition. Otherwise ErrorLog.dat will be in C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee. If it's not in \Roaming, look in Local. I can't remember which is used by the installed edition.

You might also try launching MB as Administration. Right-click on MusicBee.exe and click on 'Run as administrator."

It seems that there is no ErrorLog.dat on my PC also running as admin seems to make no difference. :(

Are there any files left after an uninstall that could be causing some sort of conflict? I've never run into any trouble like this with MB.

redwing

Try this tool to see if your .net framework has got some issue:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Another possibility is your anti-virus apps. Try disabling them to see if that makes any differences.

Steven

• Administrator
in addition to the above, also check the windows event log (eventVwr) which should have some info

Rigbone

Try this tool to see if your .net framework has got some issue:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Another possibility is your anti-virus apps. Try disabling them to see if that makes any differences.

in addition to the above, also check the windows event log (eventVwr) which should have some info

Thank you for the help but some things seem amiss with my windows installation and I don't believe I will be able to fix it. My event Viewer is showing some "MMC could not create the snap-in". It's quite a fresh install so I think I will just do it all again. Thank you