Author Topic: What's the deal with 3.0  (Read 1973 times)

Mr. Trev

Hey all. Been using the 3.0 beta. Liking it so far, but most likely I'm overlooking a lot of the new features.

Wondering if anybody who knows the update better than me would be interested in posting a guide (or something similar) showcasing the differences. Trying to go back through the 3.0 thread figuring out what's been implemented is making my head spin

Cheers

phred

• Global Moderator
99% of the change is to the GUI and the majority of that is to new panel configuration.  There have been very few under-the-hood changes.  I doubt that someone has a list or a guide, but I understand that once the beta gets a little further along, the Wiki will be updated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mr. Trev

Fair enough. Right now my 3.0 is almost the same as what I had in 2.x - layout wise, that's why I was thinking that I'm missing out.

I guess I'll just wait for some folks to post some screens to see what else is possible .

phred

• Global Moderator
I guess I'll just wait for some folks to post some screens to see what else is possible .
No need to wait for others.  With the new drag and drop-ability of the various elements, it's quite easy to experiment with moving things around.  And not at all difficult to put it back together again if you don't like where you wind up.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here