Author Topic: Artwork view show latest added  (Read 2968 times)

Hasjkoph

In my music library, I used to have my artwork view showing first of all the albums I added the most recent. My PC crashed and I fixed everything, however I can't seem to find that option, where my latest added music albums are displayed at the top. It was turned on by default before, but now it isn't. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

bokel

On lefthand side it's under the playlist tab' Hope this helps.

Hasjkoph

That's the smart playlist of Recently added. I know about that one, but in your music library this was also showed. In artwork view in the top there were the albums shown which you recently added. That would stay for a certain amount of time and below those albums there's just your regular library. I want that option back that those recently added albums are shown at the top.

Hasjkoph

Does anyone have a clue? Nowhere in the preferences I can find such an option.

Steven

• Administrator
Does anyone have a clue? Nowhere in the preferences I can find such an option.
iTunes

Hasjkoph

I got my library off of iTunes at first, but that was like a year ago. I imported the playlists from there to MusicBee and since then I had the latest added albums in my artwork view. I never even got that in iTunes, so I don't think only iTunes playlists could provide this, could it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's not a feature I've ever seen in MusicBee.  The podcasts have a Recently Added section, but not the music library.  Is it possible you had a filter based on date added?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Hasjkoph

I have never worked with filters before. I can use a filter with something like "date added after the 20th of january", but that would only show those selected albums.

What I had before was that both the latest added were shown and then all your other albums in alphabetical order and even in between there was an option I could click on like "show more" and it expanded for all your albums in order of date added. It even went back to when I firsted started the library in 2011; I saw which ones I added back then.

I don't know if a combination of the playlist of iTunes implemented in Musicbee and Musicbee itself caused it to automatically set this type of sorting for me. But it would be weird if I can't reproduce it.

Steven

• Administrator
do you simply mean you want the tracks sorted by date-added?
If the files are in the Inbox that is the default setting.
Otherwise if using the Album And Tracks layout just add the Date-Added field as a column and then click the column header to sort
Otherwise for the Artwork layout you will probably need to define a custom sort order (preferences/ sorting & grouping) and then right click on the artwork panel header to change the sort
Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:57:49 PM by Steven

Hasjkoph

The files aren't in the inbox, they're in my library.

I guess the best alternative is indeed the custom sort order; I've just done that. I don't really know why it was ever the default setting and why I can't revert it back, but this will do. Thanks for you guys' replies, though!