Author Topic: Music player app that tracks play counts?  (Read 3841 times)

wtkafe

Is there a music player app that keeps track of play counts when played on my phone and auto updates the play count when I sync on my computer?

benshepherd

MusicBee will do that (via Last.fm). Sign up for a Last.fm account, give the credentials to MusicBee, and ensure 'Sync Last.fm play count on startup' is checked. If you play music on your phone using an app that can scrobble to Last.fm as well (or the Last.fm app), everything will get counted. That's what I do (using Google Play Music).

wtkafe

MusicBee will do that (via Last.fm). Sign up for a Last.fm account, give the credentials to MusicBee, and ensure 'Sync Last.fm play count on startup' is checked. If you play music on your phone using an app that can scrobble to Last.fm as well (or the Last.fm app), everything will get counted. That's what I do (using Google Play Music).
I just did this and my play count for a song just got reset to 1. I tried manually setting it back to what it was in Edit, but it resets again. Is there a way to solve this?

Arathon

if you enable the last.fm syncing it will obviously sync the play count registered on last.fm. So if you played the track locally x times but you scrobbled it only once to last.fm, Musicbee will set the play count to one as in last.fm when syncing. You have to decide whether or not this trade-off is worth for you.

P.S. If you continue using last.fm scrobbling and syncing remember that even if offline Musicbee will temporary store the scrobbling info and when you'll connect it will transmit the data to last.fm. The same for android scrobblers, I use Wail Beta.