Author Topic: DarkMOD for MusicBee  (Read 47410 times)

blidmink

DarkMOD is a dynamic skin for MusicBee 3 based on DarkRED Flat by Endeavour1934 (icons are from Endeavour's great DarkRED Flat 3 theme). After using MusicBee for over a year, I decided that DarkRED Flat is hands down the best skin included with the player, so I used it to make DarkMOD. DarkMOD is designed to be modern, bold and easy to customise. Which is why this skin isn't just a download, it's actually created from a webpage, based on a colour you pick.

That's right, this isn't just a single theme. By generating the skin dynamically based on any colour, you get to choose what your theme looks like; you can even preview it in the browser! The skin-generating script behind the scenes takes care of the tones, tints and image elements required to make your MusicBee look truly awesome.

For best results, use MusicBee 3 and put tabs in the caption bar and player at the top.

To generate, preview and download your own DarkMOD skin, head over here (always up-to-date): https://darkmod.netlify.com/

Enjoy, and let me know of any issues!
Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:22:07 PM by blidmink

Zamda

Where can I vote for this to be the default theme? Sick as

phred

• Global Moderator
Where can I vote for this to be the default theme? Sick as
You can't.  But you can have it as your own default theme.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theta_wave

This is awesome!  DarkRED Flat has been my goto skin ever since I started using MB two weeks ago, heh.  Thanks!

vpsaxman

That's right, this isn't just a single theme. By generating the skin dynamically based on any colour, you get to choose what your theme looks like; you can even preview it in the browser! The skin-generating script behind the scenes takes care of the tones, tints and image elements required to make your MusicBee look truly awesome.
Wow, this is really clever!

HHM

I don't know what might have gone wrong but in my MB3 it looks just like the default MB3 skin!

EDIT: Moreover, my tabs go down from the caption bar (where I always have them) to below caption bar automaticly.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:58:39 PM by HHM

blidmink

I don't know what might have gone wrong but in my MB3 it looks just like the default MB3 skin!

EDIT: Moreover, my tabs go down from the caption bar (where I always have them) to below caption bar automaticly.

That's a bit strange, I've just double checked and everything's still working for me with tabs in caption bar and below caption bar. Silly question, but did you definitely copy the file over and select the right skin? Otherwise, chuck up a screenshot.

de.cayed

This is amazing! Thank you so much for this!! ^^

blidmink

This is amazing! Thank you so much for this!! ^^

No problem! I love MusicBee and thought DarkMOD would make appearance customisation a bit easier for the end user, albeit from a single skin base. Especially given that a lot of the skin (and MB skins in general) comes in the form of image elements which can be a bit tedious to make and save manually. Plus hopefully over time I can add functionality to the site and theme.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Very nice work :)
Very clever!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

MewCore

That's a bit strange, I've just double checked and everything's still working for me with tabs in caption bar and below caption bar. Silly question, but did you definitely copy the file over and select the right skin? Otherwise, chuck up a screenshot.
Got the same problem :(

AvikB

Wow, wonderful work you have done.
one issue though, dunno if it is a limitation of musicbee or not:

there is that black border on both side that look ugly.

Iasc

Steven

• Administrator
those of you with this skin not working, it will probably be an invalid element or colour in the skin. Check the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log) as i think MB logs the error and let blidmink know

hiccup

It is generating some values that probably presents problems.

There are some spaces in rgb values, and it uses decimals for rgb values:

Highlight="218, 156, 0"
        Highlight-Trans-Light="236.5,205.5,127.5"
        Highlight-Trans-Dark="130.8,93.6,0"