Author Topic: Issue regarding syncing music with android phone  (Read 1724 times)

Tubulin

I just learned about MusicBee and decided to give it a shot to finally organize my music on my phone.

Although, my phone does not have enough space for my entire library. Therefore I decided to select for "synchronise playlists" and "selected playlists only" under the device settings (I deselected "synchronise music" since it did not seem to offer much customization). However, when I started the synchronization, my entire library was copied onto my phone. This is also shown when I click on the "Preview" button. This includes podcasts even though I did not select for syncing of podcasts. I tried my best to find if there was some hidden settings that could cause this issue, but I have not find any yet.

Is there something I'm not seeing? I did also select for converting any lossless files into hight quality mp3 if that matters. I downloaded the lame.exe file and placed in the codec folder as instructed. Other than that I have not touched any other settings.

I'm using the 2.5 version of MusicBee

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!  Please post screenshots of the various device settings panels.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Tubulin

In my case, I wanted to only sync the playlist "Coheed and Cambria" onto my phone, that is, I only wanted the songs in the playlist copied (and then hoping that my music app on my phone would recognize the playlist so I could use it to listen to the music). Instead, everything, including podcasts, got synchronized with my phone.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Your settings look good to me.  But what happens if you try it again with "delete tracks not in the auto-sync list" ticked?
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:51:52 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
at the bottom of image 2, you have the root folder of your music library selected for synching

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
ooh, yup.  I overlooked that down at the bottom.  Steven's right, you have the "folder" option selected.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Tubulin

Oh, yes I remember now, I did select that option :P I thought it would do something else.

Anyway, I did a reinstall before reading Steven's comment and it obviously works now without the folder option selected.

Thanks a bunch for the replies.