Author Topic: Title changed... back to original ?  (Read 1520 times)

jokkebal

Hi,
I spent quite some time in improving quality by cleaning titles, e.g. removing the track number out of the title (01-A hard day's night --> A hard day's night). Today, I encounter several hundreds of tracks which seem to have their old title again. I have not recovered a backup or such a thing.
1) What could be the reason (so I can prevent in the future) ?
2) Aren't modifications I make within MB saved in the file ? (If they are, I really wonder what happened...). If I mail a sample, can you retrieve anything ?
3) Is there a way to do bulk cleaning ? There are really many tracks where I should just remove the first two digits in the title.
Thanks !
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:49:09 PM by jokkebal

phred

• Global Moderator
You can remove those track numbers with the Advanced Search and Replace module found in the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin. Here's a link to the Wiki page http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools

Once launched, do a search for "remove" and use one of these two presents:
Remove the track number followed by a dash or dot from Track Title
Remove the track number from Track Title

Questions on its use, or problems with it, should be posted in its topic on the Plugins sub-forum.
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:01:52 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also, I would suggest selecting those tracks and rescanning them (right click > send to > file rescan) , because as you say the changes should be saved to the files, and what you encountered could be a result of the database not saving correctly.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jokkebal

Rescan worked perfectly !! What still puzzles me though, the initial changes were made days, weeks, months ago. Does it mean that the error was made during those changes and the original title came back after a rescan today ? How do I know that it was done correctly this time ?
Thanks anyhow, you made me save many hours of work !
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:35:15 PM by jokkebal