Author Topic: [INVALID] Import (Reading Custom Tags): COMMENT SONGS-DB_CUSTOM# doesn't show up  (Read 2469 times)

theta_wave

MB version 2.5.5804

Observed Issue:
When importing mp3's with <COMMENT SONGS-DB_CUSTOM#> (#'s being 1-5) and/or <INVOLVED PEOPLE> tags, MB does not read them into its database.  I thought it might have been due to the fact that the tagfields had a space " ".  However, MB successfully read in <MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID>, a tag with two spaces.

Steps:
1) Preferences > Tags (1) > Define New Tags
2) Add in COMMENT SONGS-DB_CUSTOM1,  INVOLVED PEOPLE, or MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID under the id3 column and give it the appropriate identifier.
3) Save
4) Under custom tags in the Tags (1) page menu, add in display name of choice next to "custom 1: " and select the identifier (set in step 2) to "save to music file as tag."
5) Apply and save
6) MB rescans the library in an attempt to read those custom tags into its database.

Expected result:  After MB finishes scanning and updating the mp3s, one should be able to see the appropriate values for the custom tags in the mp3's edit menu (Shift+Enter) under the "Tag (2)" tab.
Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:17:01 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
if you search the forum you will see there are people who have sucessfully imported mediamonkey SONGS-DB_CUSTOM1 tags
i would think its probably something to do with prefixing by TXXX/
Also check the raw tag values using the Tag Inspector which can be opened from the tag editor

theta_wave

You are correct.  I was going off of what I saw in mp3tag and in Mediamonkey's tag page (FYI: For the latter, it listed the field as "COMM:SONGS-DB_CUSTOM#".  Thanks for the heads-up regarding tag inspector.  After copying the field tag from tag inspector, it works in both 2.55 and 3.0.5856.