Author Topic: Sync in library order  (Read 1703 times)

mikeyd85

Hey all,

I've had a bit of a search and found nothing as specific as this.

I have a Kubik Evo, which is an adequate MP3 player with utterly useless firmware. From what I can tell, it builds the library based on the order which files are copied across, which leads me to my problem.

I have all my music stored as FLAC because space is plentiful these days. When I sync with my MP3 player, I convert it to MP3 (though it will play FLAC, it cannot read my 128GB card, so I have to make do with 8GB internal). When I hit sync, MusicBee will (seemingly) convert multiple files on the fly - great for 99% of people with normal, non-ridiculous MP3 players. Not so much fun for me though, as it sticks the tracks within albums in the wrong order sometimes. :(

Is it possible to force MusicBee to only convert and sync one track at a time, in the order they are presented in the library (ORDER BY Artist, Album, TrackNo)?

Thanks for your time!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To make it convert one file at a time, you can set Preferences > File Converters "Maximum Encoding Threads" to 1.  Although this shouldn't affect the order tracks are in on your device.  It will probably just slow things down.

To force the track order to what you want, in your device settings you can try ticking the box for "sync each playlist to a sub-folder" (that's not exactly what it says, but close enough).  Make sure that the Playlist Order of the playlist is what you want, and it will sync them by playlist order that way.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mikeyd85

Much obliged sir, I think that should do the job.