Author Topic: Updates  (Read 2296 times)

Mjay

I have been using MusicBee for well over a year now and absolutely love it, but the one thing that really frustrates the shit out of me is the lack of an update button in the program. Almost all established programs these days have a button either in the 'Help' Menu or on the task bar saying 'Check for Update', you click it and it checks if an update is available and if there is it will automatically direct you to the update file and you update the program. Most of the time it will even uninstall the outdated program and automatically replace it with the newer updated file, making the whole process extremely fast and pain-free. So could you please add this feature into MusicBee as most programs have this now, even the rival Media Monkey has it, and it really is a welcomed feature to have!

Bigmelwalter

vitesse

I don't know what other plans there are for MB v.3, but what could be slightly easier to implement would be something like what CCleaner (free) does.

An option to check for updates on program start and a popup telling you - hey, there's a newer version available - which, upon clicking it, would open you to the download page. Upon running the setup, it would remove/replace the older version, installing the newer one.

edit: look below.

The option is on for me.
I have to admit that I assumed that because people were asking for this so badly, there was nothing there. I didn't even think to check (as foolish as that might sound).

Thank you.
Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:40:50 PM by vitesse

phred

• Global Moderator
Have any of you tried this:
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here