Author Topic: Monitored Folder Gets Deleted on Move to Organized Folder  (Read 1611 times)

whiskerbiscuit

I have two folders in my music directory, Imports and Organized.

Organized has folders for each letter A-Z which then contains artist names->album names->tracks. Imports is (and should most of the time) be empty.

What I would like to be able to do is throw something in Imports, have MusicBee pick it up and put it in the Inbox. From there I would like to tag it and then move it (organized folder) to Organized from Imports which would also add it to my library.

However the problem lies with that last step. Every time I perform the move, not only does the album folder get moved, but the parent Imports folder get deleted too. I don't really know what's happening either. Any help is much appreciated.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you do a move, MB automatically deletes empty folders to keep from leaving a lot of clutter behind.  I think if you add some unrelated files, maybe even a blank text file, to the folder, MB will not delete it (as long as you tell it not to move "remaining non-media files")
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

whiskerbiscuit

When you do a move, MB automatically deletes empty folders to keep from leaving a lot of clutter behind.  I think if you add some unrelated files, maybe even a blank text file, to the folder, MB will not delete it (as long as you tell it not to move "remaining non-media files")
I had just found another thread on here with the same solution. The text file worked even after enabling the "remaining non-media files" option, too.

Thanks for the quick answer!