I've had several problems with wine and it's only getting worse. I tried using the other topics about the subject but only worsened my problems (read further for more details) so I decided to make a topic here because I'm definitely past the point where I can continue without help.
1) I installed MusicBee on an external hard drive with
2) upon launch, got a "BASS_ERROR_DRIVER" that I figured I'd fix later
3) When I tried creating a library in the first window, I ended up with the following error :
(I tried with undescores too so the error doesn't come from the spaces). What's weird is that MusicBee manages to create a folder and a .ini file inside of it, so I'm not sure why it even crashes
4) I read https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17074
and had the bad idea to try one of the tutorials from 2019 (answer #44), so I ran
winetricks -q dotnet45 mfc42 xmllite gdiplus d3dx9 vcrun2008 wmp10
5) now when I start running the installed MusicBee it just doesn't work (opens and closes instantly without error), and when I try to run the installer it tells me Vista and XP is no longer supported.
I'm now completely stuck and out of ideas. I'm very new to wine and I don't even know how I can revert to the state before 4) where I could at least use the installer and launch the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated