Author Topic: v3 translations  (Read 27698 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the v3 beta series is started now. The translation file has some additional items added to the end.
Please post any translation file you create in the approriate translation topic for your language

Roadrunner

As of version 3.0.5864 (the newest 3.0.5874 shows an error message during installation) there are some translation remarks:

Not translatable:
Preferences - Layout (1) - Checkbox "show icons"
Preferences - Layout (2) - compact player / Configure Panel - Checkbox "playlist"

Translations not recognized:
#PLE.ctl.952C9FA8#   Configure Expanded Panel
#NPL.ctl.C7DF22A3#   Configure Custom Links
#MEX.msg.AlbAndSta#   Albums & Stats            (Musik-Explorer - in header bar only, in menu it's fine)

Music Bee Panels Configuration:
Not enough space for the red marked text (see picture below)
For the green marked text (see below), I suggest to top align the text to the checkbox, so that it is better visible to which checkbox the first line belongs

Different setting panels (just a few examples marked below):
Some titles are truncated by one or two letters (in 2.5 the same text - if already existed - was no problem)

Steven

• Administrator
As of version 3.0.5864 (the newest 3.0.5874 shows an error message during installation) there are some translation remarks:
an unexpected error with a error stack dump? If so, can you send me the info at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view errror log)

Roadrunner

an unexpected error with a error stack dump? If so, can you send me the info at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view errror log)
No, it was before, just during unpacking the exe. But, now, after downloading again, it works without problem... However, the points concerning the translation exists also in current MB ;-)

Xyzzy

Could we have also a full translation file published regularly, not only delta?

Steven

• Administrator
@Roadrunner, thanks for reporting those and they are fixed for the next update/ included in the next translation file
@Xyzzy, i am happy to put all the various incremental files into one file up to and including v2.5
I am also happy to put the v3 incremental file into the full file at the end of the beta cycle
but its a bit of a hassle to maintain a full file in addition to the v3 incremental file while development is being done each week so can you give me reason you need that?

Xyzzy

can you give me reason you need that?

Hi,

One up to date file is much more easier to work with in many scenarios:
- it is easier to introduce any global changes - because it is one file and because it does not contain the "dead" entries
- "dead" entries can be also misleading
- it is easier to work with one file when cross referencing during translation
- just one file is easier to handle

I've thought it is a very simple thing to dump current translations into one file.

Steven

• Administrator
i see your point. I dont want to maintain two files, so unless anyone objects i will just publish a full file with the new stuff dated and down the bottom

edit:
i'm only going to have a combined english file - is that still of use to you?
i just dont want to produce an incremental file and a full file each week as inevatively i fill forget to update on of them and they will get out of synch
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:41:57 PM by Steven

Xyzzy

i'm only going to have a combined english file - is that still of use to you?

Sure, the English one is the only thing I ask for.
i just dont want to produce an incremental file and a full file each week as inevatively i fill forget to update on of them and they will get out of synch
So maybe just publish the complete English file only on two occasions: right before release of a new version (when all the strings are already defined), and with the first translation file for the new release, without strings from the new release (to have a base file stripped of dead strings from the previous version). In such a way, a translator would work the old way (which is currently 8 files + 9th with optional customisations), or with just two files (+ customisations file) - base file for the current release (which is strings from the previous release minus strings deleted in the current release) + new strings for the current release.

For now you could publish just what you have right now as a single action.

To put things in some wider perspective, I use a CAT tool OpenTM2 to translate MB, so putting all the translations into such file will be a 5-second operation.

Steven

• Administrator

Roadrunner

Thanks for the corrections, unfortunately there are still 3 characters not visible...

Would it be possible to widen a little bit more?

Xyzzy

Roadrunner

Wouldn't "auto." abbreviation work?
Of course, if there's no other option, but I don't like abbreviations...

Roadrunner

MB 3.0.5929:

Not translatable:
Preferences - Layout (1) - prompt "artist pictures:" and checkbox "crop to a circle"
Rightclick on tab - "Pin Tab [Icon Only]", "Pin Tab [Icon and Text]" and "Navigation Lock" with all of its submenu items

Translation not recognized:
#Sys.ctl.A7987289#   inactive tab
#Sys.ctl.FCC19647#   active tab

boroda

Steven, i've found a bug. in the track organization dialog (but not in auto-organization dialog) top right button 'Character substitution...' (dont know exact english wording) is properly scaled up to the left to fit russian text in button, but template name box is not scaled down to the left, so its impossible to choose one of the previous templates: