Author Topic: Semicolon-Divided Artists -> Multiple Artist Tags upon conversion  (Read 9343 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Perhaps a future consideration can be to have a check box in the editor window that either splits a tag with a semicolon, or leaves the fields as they are without splitting?

Please review this post.
Also note this 'discussion' gets pretty stupid towards the end  :-\  and Steven was clear there will be no change to MusicBee's implementation of editing and saving multiple tag values.
Bee excellent to each other...

MotleyG

Please review this post.

Much appreciate the link to that thread, I didn't see it when I was searching before based on the title. While the conversation was along the same lines of what I was looking for, I certainly don't have the same "passion" for the aggressive responses by a couple of the participants in that discussion.

Also note this 'discussion' gets pretty stupid towards the end  :-\  and Steven was clear there will be no change to MusicBee's implementation of editing and saving multiple tag values.

That's an understatement. Understanding the developer's stance here is fine for me. I typically manage these tags externally anyhow, as I have been using mp3tag for a very long time. The changes literally only happen if you use MusicBee to make any tag changes and save them. Easy enough for me to manage what I have to work with in my environment without any change to MusicBee required as far as I am concerned.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.