Author Topic: "No lyrics found"... But "Redo Search", and lyrics are found!  (Read 8700 times)

Michele Bartoletti Stella

Dear MusicBee users,

when I open a song for the first time, lyrics are stated as "Not found" by default: so, it seems that they are not available.

But if I choose Redo Search, they are regularly found. So, how to automatically search for the lyrics of the playing track?

Thank you!

Alumni

Thank you.

I installed the plugin (copying the .dll file within the "plugins" folder), but still it seems that lyrics are not loaded properly...

If I go to Edit >Preferences->Plugins and clic "Configure" in LyricsReloaded, nothing happens.

Maybe have I to reboot the computer? I simply rebooted MusicBee...

Alumni

Under preferences, in the Tags (2) submenu and in the auto-tagging section, click the selection box for lyrics - you should see a list of lyric providers, many of which were added from the plugin. You can check which ones you want to use, and rearrange them in such a way that will give priority to the best providers. For instance, I always have A-Z Lyrics at the top. Also make sure that the "auto retrieve missing lyrics of the playing track" checkbox is enabled.

Bigmelwalter

Very, Very helpful, didn't know that they could be re-ordered. Gracenote was a pain in the butt!

Under preferences, in the Tags (2) submenu and in the auto-tagging section, click the selection box for lyrics - you should see a list of lyric providers, many of which were added from the plugin. You can check which ones you want to use, and rearrange them in such a way that will give priority to the best providers. For instance, I always have A-Z Lyrics at the top. Also make sure that the "auto retrieve missing lyrics of the playing track" checkbox is enabled.

Strange, I followed your instructions but still the lyrics are not loaded automatically.

I always have to clic "Redo search". What else should I do to try to solve?

Thank you!

p.s. where are the lyrics stored? A sort of cache, I think, because since the lyrics are loaded, they then remain also after rebooting MusicBee and Windows.

Alumni

Which version of MusicBee are you running? If you're on 2.5+, have you tried the latest beta of 3.0+?

In preferences under Tags (1) and "lyrics storage" you can select whether lyrics are saved in a text file or embedded in the music file.
If only viewing the lyrics its possible they might be copied to the local user cache, but I'm not completely sure.

phred

• Global Moderator
Where could I find the Beta 3.0 version?
Steven has not declared this a beta version yet.  He's calling it a working demo.  I'm calling it a late alpha.
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg99826#msg99826
Unzip into the same folder where MB is currently installed.  Then launch MusicBee3.exe.  You can make any changes in v3 that you want and it will save them and not change anything you have set in v2.5.  I don't suggest having both open at the same time unless you are only working (tagging, ripping CDs, etc.) in one.  Best not to rip a CD in one and then clean up tags in the other.  It's fairly stable at this point and I'm now using it for just about everything.  The only time I'm opening 2.5 nowadays, is when I want to check to see if there's a different behavior between the two.

I suggest watching the thread where you d/l MB3 from as Steven is putting out updates every couple of days as bugs are squashed and various other things are fine-tuned.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Thank you phred.

I followed your instructions and installed the version 3, but the LyricsReloaded plugin appears as "Disabled", and I can't enable it.

Message error:

What can I do?

phred

• Global Moderator
Two things I can think of to try-
The .dll may be Read Only.  Check the properties with Windows Explorer. 
Or maybe the .dll is being blocked by your anti-virus software.  Add it to the whitelist. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Check this post, it might be the same thing:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9994.msg100089#msg100089

Yes Alumni, the problem was exactly that: the files were blocked.
I removed the blocks in MusicBee3.exe, MusicBee3.xmlc and mb_LyricsReloaded.dll. I have enabled the plugin, but...

but still the lyrics are not searched automatically, nor they are found at all: actually, if I "Redo Search" in a song where there are lyrics found in the past days, they dissappear and "No lyrics found" returns. And there's no way to find them again!

From bad to worse...  :-)

Maybe an error how the server are listed:

What can I do?

Alumni

For the sake of troubleshooting, I suggest un-ticking all of the providers except for A-Z Lyrics Universe.
If that one doesn't work, probably none of them will, then the problem might be something else.