Author Topic: MusicBee Crashes When Trying to Syncronize MTP Device  (Read 8488 times)

mxcrowe

I am running MusicBee 2.5.5804.
I have my music on both my PC and an old Droid Razr Maxx running Cyanogenmod 11.  I'm trying to sync between the two devices.  The phone seems to be recognized properly, but when I try to sync files it runs for about 5 minutes before crashing the application entirely.  While it is running I see the following:

Scanning device...PORTABLE DEVICE...

If I double click that message, a pop-up window shows the following:

Device Synchronization

Synchronizing files
scanning device...

After some time, MusicBee crashes to desktop, leaving the following trace:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   MusicBee.exe
  Application Version:   2.5.5804.26036
  Application Timestamp:   5651d12d
  Fault Module Name:   nlssorting.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.0.30319.34209
  Fault Module Timestamp:   53489487
  Exception Code:   c00000fd
  Exception Offset:   0000355a
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   feee
  Additional Information 2:   feeed358cf1b644e8b7fda6dd8982268
  Additional Information 3:   c440
  Additional Information 4:   c440a45658c9576ba810b3319f857e4a

Is there any fix for this or am I pushing the application beyond its limitations?

frodofred

i have the same issue with my oneplus one, but then after 10 tries i finally get it working then every file has Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is the phone unlocked when you try to sync?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vpsaxman

Should it be?

I've been having a lot of trouble synching my Nexus 5X but sort of brushed it off as me being unfamiliar with Android, but it's becoming a real problem.

Steven

• Administrator
Should it be?

I've been having a lot of trouble synching my Nexus 5X but sort of brushed it off as me being unfamiliar with Android, but it's becoming a real problem.
can you be more specific about what trouble you are having

vpsaxman

Not really. I'll have to take notes as the issues are multiple.

At times, the phone isn't recognized as a phone (doesn't show info in manufacturer and model field), sometimes, the capacity and free space show as "N/A". I think both these issues are solved when I make sure I select "USB for file transfer" on my phone before clicking on the device in MB. MTP file transfer can't be set as default in Marshmallow (http://androiding.how/set-mtp-default-usb-connection-marshmallow/)

I've also been getting the same error as frodofred. I haven't found a way to replicate this as it seems to happen randomly.

What I'll do is remove the music I have on my phone (which I transferred through Window Explorer), and sync with MB while paying attention.
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:15:57 PM by vpsaxman

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have the bandwidth to support problematic devices, so if its multiple/ random problems then you best look at another app for that or alternatively create a virtual device in MB and then synch the output folders using a dedicated synching application

vpsaxman

i dont have the bandwidth to support problematic devices, so if its multiple/ random problems then you best look at another app for that or alternatively create a virtual device in MB and then synch the output folders using a dedicated synching application
I'll look into the virtual device solution.

When you say you don't have the bandwidth to support problematic devices, what you do mean exactly? Is MB talking to a server to configure devices?

phred

• Global Moderator
When you say you don't have the bandwidth to support problematic devices, what you do mean exactly? Is MB talking to a server to configure devices?
MB is not connecting to servers.  I'm pretty sure Steven is referring to the amount of time it would take to try to solve individual problematic devices. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vpsaxman

MB is not connecting to servers.  I'm pretty sure Steven is referring to the amount of time it would take to try to solve individual problematic devices.
Duh! :D Of course...

Steven

• Administrator
it means i dont have the time available.
There are two parties in a synching protocol (MB and the device). Either party could be doing something something slightly unexpected with the synching protocol, and then add into the mix other software thats been installed on the device that might be interfering. And lastly as i dont have the devices in question i cant directly test them myself.
So its just not a good use of my time to try and solve this type of problem

vpsaxman

it means i dont have the time available.
There are two parties in a synching protocol (MB and the device). Either party could be doing something something slightly unexpected with the synching protocol, and then add into the mix other software thats been installed on the device that might be interfering. And lastly as i dont have the devices in question i cant directly test them myself.
So its just not a good use of my time to try and solve this type of problem
I understand. No problem. I'll still try to find steps to replicate the issues, or at the very least make sync work reliably in case anyone can use the info.