Author Topic: Info tab  (Read 7728 times)

chorpo

I have this suggestion in mind for about a month so here it is - How about showing also ID3tags of selected songs in Now playing??? Here is a suggested state of info tab after implementation:

There will be also an option in configure layout to show or not show also ID3 tags of selected items...

What do you think???

Steven

• Administrator
any need for the info to be side by side or shown at the same time. If not, then perhaps it could show the current playing song unless you select a specific track on the now playing list or even be a right click action

toology

Good idea and I agree with Stevens implementation.

chorpo

All media players I know have option to show either now playing or selected song's ID3 tag. But no one has option to show it in the same time. I was always confused in media monkey which of these I have selected to show... Winamp and foobar always showed only now playing song's ID3 tags. That's why I suggested to implement this request. How about a compromise. In the configuration of tabs in now playing window, steve adds three radio buttons with labels :
1) show only tags for now playing song
2) show only tags for selected song
3) show both tags for now playing and selected songs

when 1) is selected nothing changes from the state of how it is now

when 2) is selected ID3 tags would be shown only for selected songs (both now playing window and library)

when 3) is selected then it shows like I suggested

What  do you think steven and also toology??? Mainly steven :-) can you implement it please just like that???

Steven

• Administrator
is it only that you dont know whether its the current track or selected track? if so, would a heading saying 'current track' or 'selected track' as approriate suffice?

chorpo

Will it be much development effort to make it like I suggested in the last post??? It was always my "dream" to have music organizer with both current and selected ID3 tags shown... please please :-) by default option 1 in radio button group be selected so other users wont see any difference and advanced users can configure showing of ID3 tags...
Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:35:23 PM by chorpo