Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551502 times)

AvikB

I think it's time for me to trade in my eyes for a new pair.    :(

I hope this isn't related to me needing a new set of eyeballs, but I'm pretty sure these two boxes were lined up earlier today.  Definitely yesterday.

yes, i just pushed a new update as you were using the forum, and i messed up few styling :P
i pushed another update, it should be fixed.

also changed home to forum home, and some other major styling changes and few correction(thanks everyone for pointing out).

AvikB

NEW ADDON PAGE IS UP
this is what the user will if he clicks on a skin(the main lists pafe is still WIP).

link to the addon page http://test.getmusicbee.com/addons.php

i just completed the MYSQL Schema for the database. The forum registration will be used, no need for another registration or account.

also the red background will be customizable by the skin author, also author can specify a background image too.

screenshot slider is available, also touch friendly!

Readme section uses markdown instead of html or bbcode. still more option like filtering by colors, author to come. but since the schema is complete it won't be THAT hard :P

here is how it looks:

AvikB

Wow, you are really doing amazing work!
:) thanks, currently doing the addon dashboard, should be able to provide a demo soon.

Mephisto

I wonder if the dots for the different screenshots would not be better if the selected one was white and the others were grey.

AvikB

I wonder if the dots for the different screenshots would not be better if the selected one was white and the others were grey.

Thanks for the feedback, it definitely looks better with white being selected. I am actually quite busy with the addon center so don't expect any new update in few day or so :( , also report for any other suggestion, i will look into them.

AvikB

NEW FORUM UPDATE IS LIVE
Child boards is not done yet, so they don't look good

The forum is now almost complete, few icon changing and child board styling improvement should be the LAST job with the forum.

The topics page should look GOOD now, also the main page has a lots of improvement.
http://test.getmusicbee.com/forum

visit the forum and check it out yourself. As usual give feedback.

changelog:
1.there are some minor improvement to the download page, the beta section have a warning icon.
2.Addon page slider active dots are now white,
3.Biggest change is the forum, specially the topic page.
4.The secondery navigation bar is now sticky.
5.Web Admin Panel is now improved and fixed some bugs in the layout.
6.also non admin/mod user can now see a small yellow icon on the menubar, hovering over will show "ADDON DASHBOARD" menu, which is not available yet(WIP).
and a lot, mostly improving the styling, and addon dashboard.

Thanks for the feedback, it definitely looks better with white being selected. I am actually quite busy with the addon center so don't expect any new update in few day or so :( , also report for any other suggestion, i will look into them.

Forget what i said, a new update is now available ;) BUT the addon dashboard is still WIP, will available later this week or so.

hiccup

A few quickies:

There is a links: Got an idea for a new feature? Make a feature wish in the forum"
Suggestion: have that link direct to the specific wishlist topic directly (instead of to general), but present an immediate page (or pop-up) with some 'read this first' text how to post. Such as 'have you done a forum search first?', 'are you using the most recent MB release?' etc.

A similar link and pop-up for 'reporting a bug' would be good too.

In the bookmarks bar of FireFox, most bookmarks have a small icon representing the webpage. For your creation it is not there (yet?)

It's very good that you have 'search' and 'advanced search' displaying next to each other.
For years I have silently cursed the primitive and lackluster search option in the current forum. Just now, thanks to your lay-out I discovered the current forum also has a more advanced search available when clicking the search button on the left. Grrr...

AvikB

There is a links: Got an idea for a new feature? Make a feature wish in the forum"
Suggestion: have that link direct to the specific wishlist topic directly (instead of to general), but present an immediate page (or pop-up) with some 'read this first' text how to post. Such as 'have you done a forum search first?', 'are you using the most recent MB release?' etc.
Creating popup would be annoying, and most browser blocks them by deafult, a  immediate page would be nice. Planned for next(or maybe a later update, since i am doing the addon dashboard).

It won't be a big deal to create a page for it, but i am have no idea what the content of the page would be? if anyone is willing to writing some pre-notice for reporting bug and feature would be nice as my english is pretty bad.

In the bookmarks bar of FireFox, most bookmarks have a small icon representing the webpage. For your creation it is not there (yet?)
Haven't decided the icon yet, it is upto Steven. and the site is not done yet, so i am not too much focusing on that.

It's very good that you have 'search' and 'advanced search' displaying next to each other.
For years I have silently cursed the primitive and lackluster search option in the current forum. Just now, thanks to your lay-out I discovered the current forum also has a more advanced search available when clicking the search button on the left. Grrr...
i never used advance search, but thought it might be a good idea to include it since a lots of member might wanna use it.

btw can you see this addon dashboard option? other options are only for admin right now :/

hiccup

It won't be a big deal to create a page for it, but i am have no idea what the content of the page would be? if anyone is willing to writing some pre-notice for reporting bug and feature would be nice as my english is pretty bad.

There already is something like that here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
With some slight changes and updates that could be used.

btw can you see this addon dashboard option? other options are only for admin right now :/

Yes, I see it.

And a maybe dumb question, I don't see a login option on the webpage itself, only one when you go to the forum?

hiccup

For the screenshots of the skins, would it be possible to click those so to see them enlarged to their actual image size?
In that way you can see the details of the skin that are now a bit obscure sometimes.

AvikB

There already is something like that here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
With some slight changes and updates that could be used.
Definitely look into those. with that available i can create a notice page for reporting bug and feature today and make a demo available.

And a maybe dumb question, I don't see a login option on the webpage itself, only one when you go to the forum?

Unfortunately there is none right now. I am thinking of listing login/register under the small yellow icon on the menu.

AvikB

For the screenshots of the skins, would it be possible to click those so to see them enlarged to their actual image size?
In that way you can see the details of the skin that are now a bit obscure sometimes.
Yes definitely.