Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551552 times)

AvikB

Steven

• Administrator
I used mostly Arial and Verdana, dunno about Times New Roman! i might change "Latest Version" to Arial instead of Verdana... thats not the priority though, working on the addon center.
it looks fine as is now - just thought you were only using Roberto

AvikB

I used mostly Arial and Verdana, dunno about Times New Roman! i might change "Latest Version" to Arial instead of Verdana... thats not the priority though, working on the addon center.
it looks fine as is now - just thought you were only using Roberto

Yes by default EVERYTHING use Roboto, but when clear-font is disabled the site use verdana and arial

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator

AvikB

screenshot:

it should not look like that! it seems that page is not fully loaded. also what browser, what version and try to refresh if the issue persist, also maybe clear browser cache.

also check inspect element console to see if any error related to not able to load something

Alumni

How do you feel about having the plugins and skins moved from the wiki to a content management style system where designated people could put the final version into a templated format that would then be accessible by the Add-Ons link.

To me it makes sense to have skins and plugins available on the main website rather than having to follow an off-site link.
For a good example of how this might be achieved, check out Kodi (formerly XBMC). http://addons.kodi.tv/

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How do you feel about having the plugins and skins moved from the wiki to a content management style system where designated people could put the final version into a templated format that would then be accessible by the Add-Ons link.

To me it makes sense to have skins and plugins available on the main website rather than having to follow an off-site link.
For a good example of how this might be achieved, check out Kodi (formerly XBMC). http://addons.kodi.tv/

I'm all for this, as long as it doesn't create any obstacles to keeping the list up-to-date.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

I'm all for this, as long as it doesn't create any obstacles to keeping the list up-to-date.

so far that is the plan. i am currently laying down structure for the cms.
HERE IS THE BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE ADDON CMS:

1. Only mod and admin will be able to add addons. Normal forum user can't do it by themselves. (we don't want user to add crap or spam)
2. A forum user need to submit their addon(skin,plugin etc.) to the forum first, where beta test will be done to see if the addon actually add any value to the collection.
3. If the addon is favored by users and mods or the addon is GOOD enough the author can ask a mod to add it to the main addon collection. Or, a mod can ask the author if it is okay to add the addon to the main site.
4. After a mod added the addon, he can also authorize the author to maintain(update/ modify) the addon page.
also an ADDON MUST HAVE SCREENSHOTS and detail description of what it does and some guidance.

Now for addon dashboard for authors there will be options for:
adding beta tags for the addon, directly upload screenshots to imgur(don't need to visit the imgur site to do it), adding download links, mirrors, mentioning the known bugs, installing guidance, link to the support forum, also what version of the musicbee the plugin works.

as for regular user, they can browse skins, and other addons, filter skin results by color or tags(if added by the skin author in the dashboard).
also if the user is logged in they will able to LIKE the addon(no commenting or dislike though), the more the rating the addon gets, the more it will be on the top. BUT new addon(randomly) will also be shown at the addon page, as we don't want ONLY THE POPULAR ADDON TO SHOW.

this is the basic things that is planned for now.  SO what do you guys think? any more suggestions?

Steven

• Administrator
it should not look like that! it seems that page is not fully loaded. also what browser, what version and try to refresh if the issue persist, also maybe clear browser cache.
it seems to have sorted itself out this morning and working as expected

AvikB

it seems to have sorted itself out this morning and working as expected
well the problem was browser cache! glad it sorted out

AvikB

The new add-ons page design is started
so far it looks good, i took the idea from the new Windows 10 store, with a bit improved UI,

the author can now choose a background image for the top(optional), also a theme color for the skin upload is necessary.

if no image is mentioned then it will use the default theme color chosen by author. also the author can mention any important note, like if any third party software is needed or not, or if something is broken(though it is not for showing common bugs).

phred

• Global Moderator
When using the new Forum there are two "Home" buttons.  One takes the user to the home page for MB, the other takes the user to the top level of the forum.  I think the name of the latter should be changed to avoid confusion.  The current forum has "getmusicbee.com" but I think something more like "Forum Home" would be more descriptive.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

When using the new Forum there are two "Home" buttons.  One takes the user to the home page for MB, the other takes the user to the top level of the forum.  I think the name of the latter should be changed to avoid confusion.  The current forum has "getmusicbee.com" but I think something more like "Forum Home" would be more descriptive.

actually the current forum also has two home

i do like forum home better. i will change it.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think it's time for me to trade in my eyes for a new pair.    :(

I hope this isn't related to me needing a new set of eyeballs, but I'm pretty sure these two boxes were lined up earlier today.  Definitely yesterday.
Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:18:45 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here