Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 460719 times)

hiccup

hiccup

I couldn't send a PM because computer said no and told me: "You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour."
Is this something new?

Steven

• Administrator
I couldn't send a PM because computer said no and told me: "You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour."
Is this something new?
yes - its to make it harder for spammers who post messages to users. If its a problem i can increase it

hiccup

Is this something new?
yes - its to make it harder for spammers who post messages to users. If its a problem i can increase it
I wasn't aware that was a thing. I have never received a spam message.

Most of the time that limit won't be a problem, but it can be when you are e.g. conversing with two or more users.
Then the limit of five PMs is very restricting, and also the waiting time of an hour is very long.

Perhaps change it to something like 8 posts in 30 minutes?

phred

• Global Moderator
While I've never received spam as a PM, I can see the point of increasing the number of PMs and reducing the time frame. It would be useful when one is in a back and forth with another user/users.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

Steven

• Administrator