Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551632 times)

hiccup

hiccup

I couldn't send a PM because computer said no and told me: "You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour."
Is this something new?

Steven

• Administrator
I couldn't send a PM because computer said no and told me: "You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour."
Is this something new?
yes - its to make it harder for spammers who post messages to users. If its a problem i can increase it

hiccup

Is this something new?
yes - its to make it harder for spammers who post messages to users. If its a problem i can increase it
I wasn't aware that was a thing. I have never received a spam message.

Most of the time that limit won't be a problem, but it can be when you are e.g. conversing with two or more users.
Then the limit of five PMs is very restricting, and also the waiting time of an hour is very long.

Perhaps change it to something like 8 posts in 30 minutes?

phred

• Global Moderator
While I've never received spam as a PM, I can see the point of increasing the number of PMs and reducing the time frame. It would be useful when one is in a back and forth with another user/users.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I am trying to update my "functions for virtual tags cheatsheet" post here:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35868.msg196257#msg196257

But by adding some new functions and explanations, I am surpassing the maximum allowed character count for a post.
(the limit is 20.000, and I am heading towards 23.000)

Could this limit be increased to e.g. 25.000 characters?

edit
Never mind, I see I also have post#2
I will split #1 up and use #2 for the rest.
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:54:12 AM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator

hiccup

Much appreciated, but in this case it looks like it might actually be an improvement splitting it up in two…

boroda

is anybody else viewing text "New" instead of new-icon (it's happening for me since yesterday)?

phred

• Global Moderator
is anybody else viewing text "New" instead of new-icon (it's happening for me since yesterday)?
Confirmed. I'm thinking SMF ran an update. I'm sure no one from MB (Steven, AvikB) made the change.

In the meantime I'm trying to recover from a major spam attack that jammed 500+ posts into the General Discussion section. I've alerted Steven as I don't have a way to remove them. The user has been banned while it was still online and posting another message.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

Confirmed. I'm thinking SMF ran an update. I'm sure no one from MB (Steven, AvikB) made the change.
ok, good to know that i'm not alone. it's happened for me, when had changed my forum profile settings. I was guessing if this was the cause.

In the meantime I'm trying to recover from a major spam attack that jammed 500+ posts into the General Discussion section. I've alerted Steven as I don't have a way to remove them. The user has been banned while it was still online and posting another message.
yeah, i was very impressed. never have seen so massive spam attack.

phred

• Global Moderator
yeah, i was very impressed. never have seen so massive spam attack.
They're all gone now. Steven to the rescue.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

They're all gone now.
Not even one left?
What fantastic offer are we missing out on? It must have been a very important one?
Did you keep it for yourself?

While I love the fact that MusicBee's forum is treating new members as adults (contrary to most other fora that I know), it's surprising that a new member is allowed to create 500+ posts in it's first day on the job.
Ah well, let's hope this digital b'tard is not ruining it for us humans.

phred

• Global Moderator
Not even one left?
What fantastic offer are we missing out on? It must have been a very important one?
Did you keep it for yourself?
Not a one is left anywhere. I didn't think to save or screenshot one. Each one (of the few that I looked at) was slightly different and more in code (or a language not detectable by me.) The only thing I recognized were multiple links to Google.

While I love the fact that MusicBee's forum is treating new members as adults (contrary to most other fora that I know), it's surprising that a new member is allowed to create 500+ posts in it's first day on the job.
Steven thought there was a limit of x number of posts per hour, but if there is, this bot got around it somehow.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki