Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551558 times)

hiccup

as for copy icon i like the white icon to make it more contrast-y. But if more user request non white-ish icon then i will do something about it.  ;)

I mainly mentioned the icon because you expressed some serious dislike for bright white in the dark theme.
(and because I think the current icon is slightly ugly)

But there are certainly more sensible things to spend time on...

AvikB

as for copy icon i like the white icon to make it more contrast-y. But if more user request non white-ish icon then i will do something about it. ;)
I mainly mentioned the icon because you expressed some serious dislike for bright white in the dark theme. (and because I think the current icon is slightly ugly) But there are certainly more sensible things to spend time on...

I have sent another update to Steven, not live yet, but this will fix the large font issue in the code tag, also made the header smaller.

Also fixed an bug where the pre tag is rendered with white bg and text, somehow it got unreported.  ::)

hiccup

Great.
The slimmer code header is nicer indeed.
And I see you did also nocturne the copy paste icon ;-)

Also fixed an bug where the pre tag is rendered with white bg and text, somehow it got unreported.  ::)

Just curious, what is this? What is a pre tag?
Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:55:37 AM by hiccup

AvikB

Also fixed an bug where the pre tag is rendered with white bg and text, somehow it got unreported.  ::)

Just curious, what is this? What is a pre tag?

This is a pre tag 

it is basically a code syntax without the header.

hiccup

That looks pretty unreadable to me...
Makes me wonder how it looked before you fixed it ;-)

A colour formatting more similar to {code} would look a lot better I think?

AvikB

That looks pretty unreadable to me... Makes me wonder how it looked before you fixed it ;-) A colour formatting more similar to {code} would look a lot better I think?

actually that is how it looked before fix, it seems your browser is caching. clear the cache.

hiccup

actually that is how it looked before fix, it seems your browser is caching. clear the cache.

I cleared the cache, site preferences, offline data, restarted, etc.
It stays light grey text on white.
(Firefox 83.0)

AvikB

I cleared the cache, site preferences, offline data, restarted, etc. It stays light grey text on white. (Firefox 83.0)

PRESS Ctrl + F5 and see if that works, it looks fine here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can verify that it looks correct here, the background is dark and the text is readable
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

Nope, that doesn't make a difference either.
And it would have surprised me if it had, since I already tried clearing everything using this panel:

Never mind, I wasn't even aware of this pre function before you mentioned it.
(and I am not going to test further, it's quite annoying loosing preferences for other websites and having to confirm all sorts of preferences again)

AvikB

Nope, that doesn't make a difference either. And it would have surprised me if it had, since I already tried clearing everything using this panel:  Never mind, I wasn't even aware of this pre function before you mentioned it. (and I am not going to test further, it's quite annoying loosing preferences for other websites and having to confirm all sorts of preferences again)

if you are using chromium based browser, in my case i am using MS Edge, you can do this, or ctrl+F5, i haven't used firefox in quite some time.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
(and I am not going to test further, it's quite annoying loosing preferences for other websites and having to confirm all sorts of preferences again)

Private or incognito windows are great for this. Or use a new/guest profile.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

Private or incognito windows are great for this. Or use a new/guest profile.
Are you using Firefox also?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I'm using Vivaldi
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

No, I'm using Vivaldi

Maybe somebody actually using Firefox could try and confirm.

But as I said, I have pretty much lost interest in this since it is very rare that members use this <pre> tagging in forum posts.
It's no coincidence that this never was reported.