Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551533 times)

ankor

AvikB

the new update is alive. Sorry for the long delay.

the new addition along with the 2160 changes, is the new help, faq page.
new api page, ability to submit a new patch release.

also a new installation guide(only 2 step) for easily install the new site.

The backend is done 100% for the release.

all that remain is the proof reading and changing some images on the front page.

phred

• Global Moderator
Good to see the progress that you've made on the site.  I do wonder about the 'reviews' section near the bottom of the home page.  Are the white boxes on the right supposed to have live links?  If not, shouldn't there be some quotes from the named sources?  Boasting about good reviews and then not showing them, or not showing a link to them, makes one wonder if the reviews are real.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

Good to see the progress that you've made on the site.  I do wonder about the 'reviews' section near the bottom of the home page.  Are the white boxes on the right supposed to have live links?  If not, shouldn't there be some quotes from the named sources?  Boasting about good reviews and then not showing them, or not showing a link to them, makes one wonder if the reviews are real.
no they won't have links. yes there will be quotes from sources.
Quoted review will be there int he next update. I forget to put them :P

I wouldn't include any of the current sources in the reviews section. They're either biased and never really paid any attention (CHIP) or show outdated reviews (all of them).
I will probably exclude chip.de. Even if they are paid the user still trusts cnet, softpedia, techsupportalert, ghacks etc. they might be outdated by MB still got some nice review which should make the new user a little bit more confident.

phred

• Global Moderator
I will probably exclude chip.de. Even if they are paid the user still trusts cnet, softpedia, techsupportalert, ghacks etc. they might be outdated by MB still got some nice review which should make the new user a little bit more confident.
+1

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

OldChicagoPete

Is the release date for the latest version and patch defaulting to today's date? I think I've been running 5995 since last weekend.

Steven

• Administrator
i really like the new website but I do have one suggestion - does anyone else feel another MB screenshot should be used for the main picture by "The Ultimate Music Manager and Player"? I just feel its too grey and repeating the same album cover. The Taylor Swift one down the bottom of the page for example is much more interesting

phred

• Global Moderator
i really like the new website but I do have one suggestion - does anyone else feel another MB screenshot should be used for the main picture by "The Ultimate Music Manager and Player"? I just feel its too grey and repeating the same album cover. The Taylor Swift one down the bottom of the page for example is much more interesting
I feel they're both too gray. But I suppose that's the default skin which should be what's featured.  Maybe a simple exchange of location between the two would suffice.  Taylor Swift screenshot on top and move the current top one to where Swift was.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Is the release date for the latest version and patch defaulting to today's date? I think I've been running 5995 since last weekend.
it is because i just did some major upgrading on the backend and the front end of the site. so just to be sure that they are working i published a stable version and a patch release.
unfortunately release dates CAN NOT setup manually. The server automatically sets the date when it is submitted.

AvikB

i will try to get the image with different album

davescp

Love the update. Had a question though. Is it possible to paste artwork into the "All Artists" entry of the thumbnail browser? Bit of an eyesore to see it stick out.

Thanks in advance.

AvikB

Love the update. Had a question though. Is it possible to paste artwork into the "All Artists" entry of the thumbnail browser? Bit of an eyesore to see it stick out.

Thanks in advance.

this thread is about MusicBee website. not the software itself :S
i think you got confused

AvikB

a new update with new graphics and images for the landing page. also reviews are added too.

Steven

• Administrator
i am genuinely impressed and there has been a lot of thought put in to the design and useful linkages.

I will try and spend time testing this over the next few days, but some instant ones:
- on the http://test.getmusicbee.com/bug/ page, the Create a new Bug report and go to website discussion buttons dont work
- on the downloads page, for the patch version, because i update it most days i am not going to maintain the number or release date so i suggest those fields get removed from the page
- again on the downloads page, is it intentional the icons on the right are not clickable - at least the Wiki section and the Skins & Plugins section should be clickable
- should say "Release Notes" not "Release Note"
- on the Addons page: "Want to extend Musicbee's" should be "Want to extend MusicBee's"
- the PayPal link just takes you to the paypal home page. I can give you the full link used on the current site if needed