Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551537 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I know phred is going to review the text on the website before it goes live, so perhaps I speak too soon, but I have some doubts about using the word 'simple' in the slogan "Simple, Powerful, and Fast"

MusicBee is a lot, but simple is not the first word that comes to my mind describing it...
(and in my language that word can also have some slightly negative connotation, as the opposite of advanced, smart, refined)
Thanks for pointing this out.
While I am going to review the text, I'll mostly be correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation. And converting from UK English to US English. Of course I'll look over the context, but I'm not sure I would've caught "simple."  But you're correct.  I'll dig up another word or phrase when the time comes.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ankor

the appeal for new users...setup is fast and easy

for all users...customization is off-the-charts......skins, layouts, 3 player modes, tag editing, plugins, CD ripping, artwork and that doesn't even scratch the surface
Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:26:19 PM by ankor

AvikB

A new update. A lots of bug fixes and some styling improvement.

* If username is updated on the forum it will update for the main site(addon section) too.
* The same goes for user permission it will stay in sync with the forum.
* Whole site now supports HTTPS, the main site can switch between http and https without any configuration, the forum will need one setting change in forum admin center.
* Added a bit more color to the addon page, and some styling fix for mobile view.
* A lots of redundant code has been removed.
* New MusicBee screenshots for homepage and download page.
* Tweaked some styling for better accessibility.
* Fixed a bug for forum WYSIWYG editor.
* Added daily addon submission limit for a user, which can be changed from the website setting in dashboard. Default is 20, which should be fine for most submitter, i doubt any user will submit more than 20 addon per day.
OFC, you can update existing ones without any restriction.

In the next update i will provide a fix for the edgy fonts issue.
also the main menu will finally get mobile support.
And also a look at the new help page integrated with the WIKIA.

Joolee

for me when describing MusicBee the first words that come to my mind is beutiful, powerful, snappy.
ofc different people will have different experience, but i care how software looks and works, and musicbee is a wonderful combination of both :)
Intuitive, beautiful and complete

ankor

IMHO, alternate suggestions...at top of home page...say it's "FUN"

"MusicBee makes it easy and FUN to manage,....."

OR

"MusicBee is easy. It's FUN to manage, find and play your music on your computer."        (maybe remove "on your computer")

And...

"Also enjoy listening to podcasts, web radio stations and even Soundcloud with MusicBee."

And...

"Get MusicBee NOW - It's FREE!  You'll never go back."       ("NOW" calls for action; "you'll never go back" is great, very powerful)

Awesome job!!  Looks fantastic, very impressive.

"Beautiful Skins" section........

"Swap skins to customize MusicBee's appearance. Get more from our Add-ons section."
Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:55:42 PM by ankor

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Speaking for myself, promotional words in ALL CAPS are a little off-putting. :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i agree. The ALLCAPS makes it come across to me as though its trying too hard

jackuars

Is there any set-date as to when the new website/forum will come live?

the_pragmatist

I don't know about you all but since my switch to MusicBee, I've used it on a number of machines, powerful & otherwise. Owing to this experience, and to the fact that whenever I described & successfully convinced my friends to switch to the 'Almighty' MusicBee I never missed out one particular word, I hoped (despite whichever combination will be approved & used),you'd include said word in the Slogan;

COMPACT

I think this word encompasses a great deal of MusicBee's description. Because as Powerful as it is, Jam-packed with great user-friendly features, it is unbelievably TINY. However, TINY doesn't really sound elegant, so.....COMPACT.

Steven

• Administrator
Unfortunately this wont be ready for when version 3 is made available. I have tried contacting AvikB but not heard anything so I am not sure if or when he is able to resume this.

AvikB

Hi there, Sorry for this long delay. The website is complete (on my end). I will try to provide the new update with installation guides for steven to make the new site live soon.

I will try to provide the new update next week when I got a bit more time. Right now I am a bit busy with life. :P

Alumni

@AvikB I am very much looking forward to seeing the finished site in action - I hope it isn't too far away.

vpsaxman

@AvikB I am very much looking forward to seeing the finished site in action - I hope it isn't too far away.
+1

AvikB

You guys have to wait a few more days, maybe 3-4 days until my new ISP will roll out my conection.
Now for new and final features that is ready for v1.0

As requested by some i have added support for patch release.
And also added support for editing FAQ, Press page, API page.