Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551828 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
It's just my opinion.
If everyone else likes it - that's what we go with.
I still won't like it, but I will have had my say on the matter :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

vpsaxman

A few more "desktop" alternatives for everyone's consideration:

And of course the text may have to be moved depending on the background image.

Steven

• Administrator
@AvikB, no matter what we end up going with for the main picture I just wanted to say I think its fantastic the way you have done the image handling when scrolling down and i am very happy with the middle and final pictures.

Out of all the pictures i am more happy with the touched up photo of the women with the headphones (I wont say i am 100% happy as i can see the points made against it but its good enough to go with in my view).
For the people who didnt like that picture, do you think the touched up one is better/ ok ?

AvikB

@AvikB, no matter what we end up going with for the main picture I just wanted to say I think its fantastic the way you have done the image handling when scrolling down and i am very happy with the middle and final pictures.
:) glad you liked it.

AvikB

Nice images, i like the first one. the second one for some reason looks really congested(maybe because of the rack at the side).

vpsaxman

Nice images, i like the first one. the second one for some reason looks really congested(maybe because of the rack at the side).

Agreed. I like that on the first one the speaker is yellow and black, like a bee. ;)

Edit: source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/taylor90/6787583453/
Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:46:32 PM by vpsaxman

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
What he said.

@AvikB, please don't misinterpret my criticism of one pic as a criticism for all the rest of your work.
Far from it, I think the whole look of the new site is awesome and really appreciate the hard work you have put into it. :)

PS. I still don't like the woman with the headphones but I do like the black and yellow speaker :P
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

with this update addon browsing page is now near complete, addon page got a complete overhaul and lots of bug fixes and lots of structural changes.

visit the website and you can try the add-ons menu, it will show you all the addons, you can also view skins, plugins and others. The search isn't done yet.

visit here: test.getmusicbee.com/addons

the new addon page:

ihavnoclue

The new website design looks great! A central place to get the latest add-ons will be great!
The screenshot viewing is great too, very fast and smooth.

AvikB

The new website design looks great! A central place to get the latest add-ons will be great!
The screenshot viewing is great too, very fast and smooth.
thanks. :)

redwing

Thank AvikB and other contributors for this great work so far!

Just like to add my 2 cents regarding the main picture on the homepage.

Before scrolling down to MB image below, it almost feels like a website selling some kind of music service. Probably that's coming from the absence of MB at first glance and the prominent presence of a happy-looking person listening to music.

I did a mockup with some images from previous posts. The point would be (1) MB should be focused and immediately visible without scrolling and (2) there should be no distracting, misinforming elements.

vpsaxman

Before scrolling down to MB image below, it almost feels like a website selling some kind of music service. Probably that's coming from the absence of MB at first glance and the prominent presence of a happy-looking person listening to music.

I did a mockup with some images from previous posts. The point would be (1) MB should be focused and immediately visible without scrolling and (2) there should be no distracting, misinforming elements.

Looking good. I completely agree with #1 especially. It makes sense to put a screenshote of MB as the firs thing a new user can see when visiting the website.

And I'll add my appreciation for your incredible work on the website AvikB here. Keep up the good work! d(^o^)b

AvikB

Looking good. I completely agree with #1 especially. It makes sense to put a screenshote of MB as the firs thing a new user can see when visiting the website.

And I'll add my appreciation for your incredible work on the website AvikB here. Keep up the good work! d(^o^)b

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback, i am taking note of these suggestions, i will make some changes regarding these feedbacks and will try to compromise between it.

:)

blidmink

Only just saw the new site concept and this is incredible, great work everyone! As a header device, I'd say that rather than a stock photo, even a screenshot overlaid on that lovely background gradient would work a treat. That said, there is already a pretty comprehensive assortment of screenshots.