Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551550 times)

AvikB

How can I delete all my posts in this forum by just one click?
If not possible currently, can you add such a feature?

Nope. You can't. It will require a mod or some sql query on the database. which will break the forum structure. Also you will NEVER be able to delete if someone quoted your text. just not possible.

redwing

Nope. You can't. It will require a mod or some sql query on the database. which will break the forum structure. Also you will NEVER be able to delete if someone quoted your text. just not possible.

Then what's this about?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Profile#Delete_This_Account

I thought only admins have the ability of removing all posts of a member, so asked to give the same ability to the user him/herself.

AvikB

Then what's this about?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Profile#Delete_This_Account

I thought only admins have the ability of removing all posts of a member, so asked to give the same ability to the user him/herself.

Oops, missed that. But still you wont be able to delete everything, specially if someone quoted you.
As for making the delete available for user is not my decision.

phred

• Global Moderator
Speaking strictly for myself, why would you (of all people) want to delete all your posts from the forum?  I can understand if you've moved on from MB.  Or if you just don't want to participate in the forum any longer.  But I have learned quite a lot from your posts.  These posts may help new users discover and find things that they didn't know about.  You've posted many great items in the Tips and Tricks section.  You've left quite bit of knowledge in your wake and I'd hate to see it disappear.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

@AvikB;

OK, I see. Thanks for your replies!

@phred;

Simply because V3 doesn't work for me. I won't support this project any more.

I will leave my posts and skins, etc. available until v2.5 is maintained. After that, I'll remove them not to mislead people with outdated info after my withdrawal from the forum.

Steven

• Administrator
Simply because V3 doesn't work for me. I won't support this project any more.

I will leave my posts and skins, etc. available until v2.5 is maintained. After that, I'll remove them not to mislead people with outdated info after my withdrawal from the forum.
this is quite dissapointing to me personally. Is there anything more you are willing to describe in terms of "V3 doesnt work for me" eg. is it technical, or that simply that there are UI descisions you dont agree with?
one of purposes of the demo version which has been running for months now has been to draw out comments and concerns from people.

AvikB

With the new addon center(still wip), you will be able to add your addons there and select the appropriate musicbee version.
You also will be able to add any important note to user(such as that if it is not maintained any more).
For minor issues admin/mod will be able to maintain or update it(dead download links or mistakes).

Removing them completely might be a bit too much. Since if anyone in future still use version 2.5 they might be looking for your addons.

phred

• Global Moderator
There's something funky still going on with the notifications part of the recent forum update.  I am not getting email notifications, nor popup notifications when I have a new PM waiting.  And I am not getting email notifications when replies are posted to threads I'm watching.  This was working flawlessly with SMF 1.x.  It seemed to work briefly after the change to 2.x but now it's kind of sketchy.  The PM notifications seem to 100% never.  (Except for one PM I rec'd from Steven shortly after the upgrade.)  Subscribed thread notices seem somewhat willy-nilly.  Some I get, most I don't.  I'm looking for a common denominator here, but so far I haven't been able to pin it down.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

This is a big update. There is a completely new page for the release notes. It can edited using markup languages from the admin panel. go ahead and see for your self:
http://test.getmusicbee.com/release-note.php

Another big and final touch is done to the home page. A BIG thanks to Phred for helping me out with the corrections.

There is couple of bug fixes and enhancement is done for the home page.

For the forum there are tons of fixes. Also a new addition is code highlighting. The text editor should behave nicely while in wysiwyg mode and pasting codes. and other improvement is done to download page(mostly backend)

Now one of the HUGE improvement is the new site API. Earlier when admin add a new musicbee on the admin panel a new json file is generated, which was good and all, but it was error prone, also hard to maintain, and one BIG flaw is that you have to make that directory writable.

But as of now the api will be generated on the go, it will be much more rich and on a later date i will add addon center on the api too.

With this change some new possibilities opened like creating of badges(will do it later), or showing off your addons on your homepage(which will dynamically auto update)

I have seen members like phred, and few others like to put musicbee version on their sig. I might create musicbee version badge which will always show the latest musicbee version. so no more sig editing. :)

Hope you guys like this new update, good night.

AvikB

There's something funky still going on with the notifications part of the recent forum update.  I am not getting email notifications, nor popup notifications when I have a new PM waiting.  And I am not getting email notifications when replies are posted to threads I'm watching.  This was working flawlessly with SMF 1.x.  It seemed to work briefly after the change to 2.x but now it's kind of sketchy.  The PM notifications seem to 100% never.  (Except for one PM I rec'd from Steven shortly after the upgrade.)  Subscribed thread notices seem somewhat willy-nilly.  Some I get, most I don't.  I'm looking for a common denominator here, but so far I haven't been able to pin it down.

I will look knto it when the forum theaming is complete. Hopefully it can be fixed.
Is it same for the demo forum too?

Steven

• Administrator

I will look knto it when the forum theaming is complete. Hopefully it can be fixed.
Is it same for the demo forum too?
see this topic. I think its probably the MusicBee hosting company at fault:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17065.0

AvikB

see this topic. I think its probably the MusicBee hosting company at fault:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17065.0
Well i guess only your hosting company can solve this if the server is blacklisted.

phred

• Global Moderator
It's a little tough to tell if it's happening on the new forum as there's no real traffic there yet.  I do know of one other user who is not getting notifications from this (the current) forum, but we're both content to wait and see what happens when the switch is made. 

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
I have seen members like phred, and few others like to put musicbee version on their sig. I might create musicbee version badge which will always show the latest musicbee version. so no more sig editing. :)
Quite frankly, once I had the sig set, I never had to edit it as the link was static.  MB patches were also posted to the same link.  Personally, I'll hold any judgement about the badges until I see them. 

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

A few cosmetic observations on the dark theme for the forum:

The drop down line appearing with suggested names for the recipient is very hard to read.
Also it extends very wide to the right beyond the border of the specific pane.

When the recipient has been selected, he disappears from the 'To' field, and is relocated somewhere below under BCC, which gives the impression that that member will be bcc'ed, instead of being the main recipient.

Some coloring might be improved on.
1 and 2 are difficult to read.
3, the green and red buttons kind of stick out like a sore thumb on this dark theme.

This one is not about cosmetics;
I would prefer having CC as a (primary) option, not BCC, since I believe the need for CC will be much higher than for BCC.
Also I feel BCC is a bit of a dishonest way of using mailing/posting which should be avoided as much as possible.