Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 570110 times)

AvikB

@hiccup how is everything looking with edgy fonts?
This is very eerie AvikB! You can mind-read from a very long distance.... Just as you posted this, I was creating a post with a screenshot on this matter. Here are a few area's that seem not to have the replacement font yet:

But first, congrats, and thanks a lot for all your work and effort getting this new forum live!!!
;) ok thanks, i will include a fix for this issue in the upcoming patch update. It is already night here, so i am planning to fix it by tomorrow morning.

hiccup

This area might also be in need for some refinement.
Both in font replacement, alignment, and possibly placement/integration of the 'new' buttons.

AvikB

This area might also be in need for some refinement. Both in font replacement, alignment, and possibly placement/integration of the 'new' buttons.
yeah i already discussed that with Steven, will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

hiccup

And another thing, the coloring of these sticky posts could perhaps be a bit more sophisticated and subtle?
It's quite a big pink/orange block now. The two different shades of pink are also not very 'easy on the eyes'.

AvikB

And another thing, the coloring of these sticky posts could perhaps be a bit more sophisticated and subtle? It's quite a big pink/orange block now. The two different shades of pink are also not very 'easy on the eyes'.

This is how it is going to look in the patch update:

hiccup

That's much better indeed!
(is the different alignment of Replies/Views between sticky and not sticky intentional?)

if you are going to use the same 'new' buttons, for the dark theme you might want to look at the (border) transparency of the 'new' button:

have a good night!

AvikB

That's much better indeed! (is the different alignment of Replies/Views between sticky and not sticky intentional?) if you are going to use the same 'new' buttons, for the dark theme you might want to look at the (border) transparency of the 'new' button: have a good night!
those icons are SMF default and lacks transparency. New icon will take some time.

And thanks for spotting the alignment bug in replies. It is not intentional. Will be fixed.

hiccup

In the past I sometimes missed a post because a new one was posted while I was reading one from another page.
Let me explain:

Suppose you are reading the posts on page 2 like this:

When a new post is created by somebody while you have page 2 open, and then you go to page 1, the post (post #10) that was on the bottom of page 1 before the new message was posted, is moved to the top of page 2 when you switch to page 1 (and it becomes post #11).

So in that case you will never see that specific post.
On the former forum I learned to keep an eye on the total amount of posts (that I believe was somewhere in view on the top), so when that number increased when switching to another page, I knew I had to go back to the former page to check for a post that I might miss otherwise.

For this reason, could we have the 'total post' count somewhere in sight at the top of the page?
(as I created in the mock-up)

hiccup

In the dashboard these entries have small asterixes behind them.
Should they refer to some more explanation on those items?

WimYogya

Not sure if this is the proper place to give feedback on the new forum redesign.
Still have to get used to it, but one thing is immediately unpleasant: in the FORM the interlace between lines is too small. Makes reading difficult. In the published post it is different and normal.
Hope you can adjust.
Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

AvikB

In the past I sometimes missed a post because a new one was posted while I was reading one from another page. Let me explain: Suppose you are reading the posts on page 2 like this:  When a new post is created by somebody while you have page 2 open, and then you go to page 1, the post (post #10) that was on the bottom of page 1 before the new message was posted, is moved to the top of page 2 when you switch to page 1 (and it becomes post #11). So in that case you will never see that specific post. On the former forum I learned to keep an eye on the total amount of posts (that I believe was somewhere in view on the top), so when that number increased when switching to another page, I knew I had to go back to the former page to check for a post that I might miss otherwise. For this reason, could we have the 'total post' count somewhere in sight at the top of the page? (as I created in the mock-up)

it is done for the next patch release, here is how it will look:

AvikB

In the dashboard these entries have small asterixes behind them. Should they refer to some more explanation on those items?
Yes Asterix means those are mandatory and must be filled.

AvikB

Not sure if this is the proper place to give feedback on the new forum redesign.
Still have to get used to it, but one thing is immediately unpleasant: in the FORM the interlace between lines is too small. Makes reading difficult. In the published post it is different and normal.
Hope you can adjust.
Thanks,
Wim
Can you post an screenshot showing the issue? it will help me better understand the problem.