Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551856 times)

AvikB

Is it just me or is that image loading much slower than the rest of the images?
I just tried it in another browser and it was the last thing to load.
that image is about 405kb while other images are under 50kb, so it is taking a bit. also the optimization is not done yet as those images are yet to be final, since MB3 UI might change.

AvikB

another update with new feature. This update brings numerous changes to the dashboard, Now you can edit/update and delete a submitted addon. the edit/update feature is not fully implemented so you can only see the options but can not submit an update. Delete works flawlessly.

another option that is rewritten and is visible is the skin accent color. you can choose an accent color when submitting a skin. this will help user filter out the addon search result.

i have included most common colors, let me know if any common color is needed.

there are also few rewrites for the error handling, it is now json based. the dashboard class got some refactoring and some backend changes.

the release note page got better colors.

phred

• Global Moderator
When viewing all add-ons from the dashboard, and then selecting Edit/Update, a new window opens but the 'close' button is nowhere near the new window.  It's in the upper right corner of the main window.  It should be within the window that needs to be closed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

When viewing all add-ons from the dashboard, and then selecting Edit/Update, a new window opens but the 'close' button is nowhere near the new window.  It's in the upper right corner of the main window.  It should be within the window that needs to be closed.
fixed for the next update.

AvikB

Another update, with this update you can finally able to update existing submitted addon.
Few Bugs fixed with notification popups.

i have tried this, and decided to stick with current implementation. The reason is the lack of noticeable visibility, and red close button does not look good on violet, green or other background. also there is some difficulty regarding implementing this due to how the popup dialogue is handled.

AvikB

Looks great!
:) glad you liked it.

Another patch update pushed just now, due to a bug regarding imgur upload.

Steven

• Administrator
how does the love rating system work (or is it not implemented yet) ?

AvikB

how does the love rating system work (or is it not implemented yet) ?
not fully implemented yet. the back-end is completed, only the front-end is WIP.

You will need a forum account to love an addon, there is no thumbs down.

i am thinking of only allow to thumbs up, or maybe star rating of 5. haven't decided yet :S
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:03:38 AM by AvikB

AvikB

Update: this update brings number of style changes and fixes, thanks to phred. also the new addon like function is here!
whenever i download a skin from the current forum or plugin i rarely say thanks , it is just too much work or i am being lazy or even forget it. :S

With the rating system it is really easy to like an addon, you have to login with the forum. also likes are unique, one like per addon per user, one can't use bots or so.

likes will also show on mouse over, when browsing for addons, it will help user decide what addons are most popular and loved.

you can also remove the like BUT can't unlike any addon. if you don't like an addon you don't use rate/use it.

you can test it if you have a account in the demo website forum.

http://test.getmusicbee.com/addons/all/

AvikB

new structural update. I haven't uploaded the new version YET, but it does bring a lots of under the hood changes and some refactoring, though nothing new on the surface.
I recently moved to git due to this project has become big, really BIG and it is hard to keep track on changes.

here is the site repo, yes i am making it open for everyone to review or fork or suggest changes.
https://github.com/Avik-B/mb_web/tree/Dev

i am not much of a github user, and i only started using it recently :S , the code base is not complete yet, and i am making changes daily specially adding comments and moving things to oop. unfortunately there is no documentation(not planning to do yet) for contributors or even running it on your personal server.

There is a language file for those who wan't the site to be available on their native language. It is pretty messy at this point, and is going through a LOTS OF REFACTORING. but you guys can suggest any spelling mistakes or better wording.
https://github.com/Avik-B/mb_web/blob/Dev/includes/languages/en-us.php

AvikB

http://test.getmusicbee.com

Another update, this update is quite a big one.
Specially the home page is now much better and clean without any clutter. new animations and also images. Most of them are in made in photoshop, the top wireframe icon background is just a placeholder, and the bottom 2 images are not done so not included.

The groove music section is back with new design and image. The image contains icons from RealPetChicken. One of our forum member.

There is a new section for review, it is not complete yet. but it will contain links for both other site reviews and our users reviews as well.

The top menu is now sticky for the home page(and other landing page that will be introduced in future... or not). also the alignment has changed.

The new design is cleaner and shows much more features of musicbee. Let me know of any needed change in wording or images.

The styling part is slowly moving to sass(scss) and grunt for automating most of the tasks, as this project has gotten quite big. Lots of refactoring in this update as well.

sorry for this slow update, i will try to complete this once my exam is complete in 2 more days. :)

hiccup

i will try to complete this once my exam is complete in 2 more days. :)

Looking good AvikB.
Good luck with your exams!
(although I think luck won't be a factor here ;-)

Alumni

http://test.getmusicbee.com

Another update, this update is quite a big one.

Nice! Every time I check the test site it looks better and better. I especially like what you did with the topmost section and background.
A couple things I'm wondering; isn't the "MusicBee" logo/header missing? I feel like it should be above the text where it says "the ultimate music player...". I don't know how much the fade-in effect can be adjusted, but when scrolling down quickly it can be a tad slow to appear, however not a big deal. Also some of the images are broken, those near the bottom of the page.

AvikB

Nice! Every time I check the test site it looks better and better. I especially like what you did with the topmost section and background.
:) and.... it will only get better.

A couple things I'm wondering; isn't the "MusicBee" logo/header missing? I feel like it should be above the text where it says "the ultimate music player...".
I am still working on this part. Trying to keep the design minimal and clean. I have an idea of it's implementation.. probably in next 2 or 3 updates.

I don't know how much the fade-in effect can be adjusted, but when scrolling down quickly it can be a tad slow to appear, however not a big deal.
It is fully adjustable, :) i will try to reduce it a bit more. The effect will be only in the landing pages.... or better call it presentation pages.

Also some of the images are broken, those near the bottom of the page.
I haven't done yet with those images. I am not good with photoshop and graphic design and stuff..... so it is taking some time. Will update it once it is done.

Looking good AvikB.
Good luck with your exams!
(although I think luck won't be a factor here ;-)