Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 548376 times)

Skoop

AvikB

unfortunately inserting texts in images is really bad design choices in 2016 modern web. while there are some exception but still.

Well that's what you were doing on the previous pages with the blue-red gradient pics with the MusicBee advert overlaid. 
those texts were not meant to be descriptive or was expecting anyone to read them. They were part of monitor screenshot.
And by bad design choices i mean responsiveness. image gets smaller/cutoff when resize, and also not so seo friendly.

Skoop

Well, then, I'm completely lost as to what's going on here. 

AvikB

I'm not very skilled, but you get the idea.

now imagine if we resize the browser and image gets smaller, how do you expect someone to read it? even if those are fonts over images, it will be real hassale to maintain the position of texts in perspective to the images.

Steven

• Administrator
i like the smiling woman with headphones as the main image - it conveys the sort of message i like and its not cluttered

phred

• Global Moderator
nice find :) , just updated. Few photoshop color correction and healing.
Is it possible to make the headphones stand out a little more?  They're almost lost in her hair.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
i like the smiling woman with headphones as the main image - it conveys the sort of message i like and its not cluttered
There you go!!  The Master has spoken.  :-)
Just fix the headphones and this is done.  IMO.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
just update it to the one phred suggested. jeez i knew people won't like smoking images :P

That one was terrible indeed.
But there are exceptions:
Yes, of course.  A pipe shows sophistication.
A cigarette is just damn nasty.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
A cigarette is just damn nasty.

Well, not always...

With apologies to Duke Ellington, that's a sophisticated lady.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I still prefer the original replacement one but with big nose guy removed
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

vpsaxman

+1. Not a fan of the girl and her empty eyes.

AvikB

Is it possible to make the headphones stand out a little more?  They're almost lost in her hair.
Fixed and updated.

Not a fan of the girl and her empty eyes.
Fixed. her eyes should be smaller and natural.

I think the girl with headphone has the same clean vibe that the mac with big nose had. I will stick to it unless other suggestions gets more supporters.
Few reasons i didn't choose the mac with big nose is that it is mac, even with apple logo removed, their design stands on their own.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I think the girl with headphone has the same clean vibe that the mac with big nose had. I will stick to it unless other suggestions gets more supporters.
Few reasons i didn't choose the mac with big nose is that it is mac, even with apple logo removed, their design stands on their own.

I disagree about the vibe.  There is no life, no vibrancy. She has a nice smile, she has a nice face. Overall it's...    nice. She just doesn't look like she's enjoying what she's listening to.  Photoshop a headset instead of the headphones and I'd swear she's working in a call centre.

The original concert shot (which I know we can't use), the big nose one, vpsaxman's ones, even the plain shot of the monitor currently used on the website, have more life in them than that pic has.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

I disagree about the vibe.  There is no life, no vibrancy. She has a nice smile, she has a nice face. Overall it's...    nice. She just doesn't look like she's enjoying what she's listening to.  Photoshop a headset instead of the headphones and I'd swear she's working in a call centre.
In the full picture she is sitting on a sofa, and the environment does not look like a call center.

She just doesn't look like she's enjoying what she's listening to
To be fair i don't even smile or do anything while listening to music. But hey atleast she is smiling. Better than have a serious look. :P