Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551866 times)

boroda

Steven, very very minor visual issue for me :)

could you change forum board name from 'The latest releases including fixes and new features. (Announcements only)' to 'The latest releases including fixes and new features (announcements only).'?

---------------------------------------------

I was missing on the forum for ~half year and see that site version is still 1.x. does this mean that AvikB has abandoned development of site or he is just temporary busy with something personal?

AvikB

Steven, very very minor visual issue for me :) could you change forum board name from 'The latest releases including fixes and new features. (Announcements only)' to 'The latest releases including fixes and new features (announcements only).'? --------------------------------------------- I was missing on the forum for ~half year and see that site version is still 1.x. does this mean that AvikB has abandoned development of site or he is just temporary busy with something personal?
There were some backend update and some minor fixes but nothing major.
There are still few things that i would've love to do but at this point i am a bit busy with life(also learning game development). I will try my best to fix any critical or site breaking issues if that ever arises.
I do still lurk around from time to time  8) , keeping an eye on new musicbee releases.

AvikB

Oh and one of the main reason I decided that pause development of website version 2.0 because I decided to use a template engine for the website. It would've made life a lot more easier specially with Translations and handling frontend and backend separately. Unfortunately I am afraid the server won't be able to handle it. Even with caching it would be quite demanding.
Anyway most of the features are already in the current website. Maybe some requested features like sorting for the addons page would've been nice.
I can't really promise anything at the moment but hopefully I might do another overhaul someday  ;D

boroda

thanks for the answer. another question (offtopic, but I cant find this thread): what's happened with your addon update notification plugin? is it finished/working/available?

AvikB

thanks for the answer. another question (offtopic, but I cant find this thread): what's happened with your addon update notification plugin? is it finished/working/available?
I am not sure if it will work reliably when the server is not very stable. Also it creates some load for the server which i don't think it will be able to handle.

specially even if a fraction of all musicbee users were to use that it would crash the server.  :(

boroda

AvikB, could you make these 3 strings of dashboard  localizable?

not very important, but these 3 strings are the only strings on dashboard, which are not localized yet (except for several external links).

--------------------------------------------------

also could you change 'new icon on the forum posts to 1 of these 2 icons?

- original .gif format without transparency because gif support for transparency is very limited (squared corners):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/292iyg8gf6wqi7r/new.gif/file

- .png format with transparency (original rounded corners):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o3x76sf84iatxx/new.png/file

AvikB

@boroda well you can translate this to russian, in the ru-ru.php file.

you can send me the updated translation file, i will send both the icons and the translation file to Steven.

boroda

AvikB, I think you didn't understand what 2 new "new" forum images were intended for. they are 2 possible replacements of this current "new" forum image:

option #1: new .gif image without transparency, but it can just replace current image without any modification of site source code, because full image filename (including extension) is the same as current one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/292iyg8gf6wqi7r/new.gif/file

option #2: new .png image with transparency, but it requires some modification of site source code, because full image filename (including extension) is different than current one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o3x76sf84iatxx/new.png/file

just switch forum theme to dark one to see the difference between current image and new images.