Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 560645 times)

hiccup

@hiccup, yes it seems to be broken. I don't know what is causing the issue. I have to do some test.

Hope you're well?
Yeah kind of. I am just busy with study. It is pretty tiresome. :(

Well, at least your responsiveness hasn't suffered ;-)
No hurries, just jot it down somewhere in your to-do list...

AvikB

Well, at least your responsiveness hasn't suffered ;-) No hurries, just jot it down somewhere in your to-do list...
haha. don't worry i have email notification enabled. Unless my internet is down i will try to reply quickly  ;)

tpkyteroo

No need to reply, I just wanted to thank you for using SMF forum software. They are my favourite platform because its easier to read the forum, and find what you want. The "modern" forum with everyone on one page, causing the user to scroll for seemingly an eternity I won't use. I looked at those "modern" forums and just left. rofl

AvikB

I have posted a new update for the website. It is live now. if any bugs appear please post it here. Most of the requested feature is added. as well as russian translation. you can switch it from the bottom of the page.

As for forum bugs. The code selection bug will soon be fixed.

hiccup

I still don't see the new colour palette for choosing font colours.

AvikB

I still don't see the new colour palette for choosing font colours.
Yeah it is coming this week. :) I mainly pushed out the website update.

Sofocl

When you switch the Forum on the Russian language file is missing;
getmusicbee.com/forum/Themes/mb_modern/images/russian-utf8/new.gif
Sorry for my bad English.

AvikB

When you switch the Forum on the Russian language file is missing; getmusicbee.com/forum/Themes/mb_modern/images/russian-utf8/new.gif
Forum is not available in russian.  The translation is only for the website.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just noticed the new mail icon.  Looks great!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Sofocl

Forum is not available in russian.  The translation is only for the website.
Will there be full support for Russian language in the forum?

AvikB

Forum is not available in russian. The translation is only for the website.
Will there be full support for Russian language in the forum?
SMF handles translation differently than the website. I have looked into it but couldn't find anyway to change it directly. For now i am leaving it as it is. Maybe in future i will give it another look when new SMF comes out.

Sofocl

SMF handles translation differently than the website. I have looked into it but couldn't find anyway to change it directly.
Language Package for 'Russian' SMF 2.0.14.
"Just extract them into the same directory as the installation of SMF."
https://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages;lang=russian

AvikB

SMF handles translation differently than the website. I have looked into it but couldn't find anyway to change it directly.
Language Package for 'Russian' SMF 2.0.14. "Just extract them into the same directory as the installation of SMF." https://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages;lang=russian
yes i know that. it is handled separately than website. i can't switch forum translation when i switch website translation. that is why i leave it as it is.

Sofocl

i can't switch forum translation when i switch website translation. that is why i leave it as it is.
You mean the simultaneous switching of the language on the site and on the forum?

Can you just update the localization forum, because it already works, just outdated \ incomplete version?

AvikB

i can't switch forum translation when i switch website translation. that is why i leave it as it is.
You mean the simultaneous switching of the language on the site and on the forum? Can you just update the localization forum, because it already works, just outdated \ incomplete version?
Yeah i meant the simultaneous switching. I couldn't find any way to do it.
As for updating the translation i will talk to Steven about this. He should be able to do that. Though i am not quite sure how complete the current version is.