Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 560494 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I agree that with ClearType off the fonts are pretty ragged. But I always have it enabled, so I don't know what the forum looked like a month ago.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I know not everybody likes the 'sharpness' of cleartype off.
But do you see the exact same deformations as from my screenshot, or does it look just a bit edgier than with cleartype on?

AvikB

Could there perhaps be some technical issue with the forum? With cleartype disabled on my system, the fonts suddenly are very ugly again. It looks like something might be broken in presenting the replacement fonts in case of 'cleartype=disabled'. Perhaps somebody could confirm this? (There also have been some updates from both Windows 10 and Firefox today, so I am not sure what might cause this) To give an impression how it looks with cleartype off (2x enlarged): 
i will look into this.

phred

• Global Moderator
I know not everybody likes the 'sharpness' of cleartype off.
But do you see the exact same deformations as from my screenshot, or does it look just a bit edgier than with cleartype on?
I can't say what I saw was -exactly- like yours, but when I looked at the same thing you took the screenshot from, it was definitely not smooth edged.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

i will look into this.

Hey, thanks old friend ;-)

But I had a bright moment, and checked another pc, gave it the same W10 and Firefox updates, and that one behaves as it should with cleartype off.
So it seems to be a very specific issue with the installation of these updates on my main pc only.
So, please don't waste time on this on my behalf.
I'll see if I can revert some stuff and find out what happened exactly.

AvikB

Hey, thanks old friend ;-) But I had a bright moment, and checked another pc, gave it the same W10 and Firefox updates, and that one behaves as it should with cleartype off. So it seems to be a very specific issue with the installation of these updates on my main pc only. So, please don't waste time on this on my behalf. I'll see if I can revert some stuff and find out what happened exactly.
Clear the cache that might fix it.
btw i am pretty young :P

hiccup

Clear the cache that might fix it.
btw i am pretty young :P

I learned and remembered that trick from a young friend ;-)  but that doesn't fix it for this system.
It really feels like something went wrong when updating. I remember the whole system behaving a bit strange, before I understood some updates probably were going on in the background already.
I'll restore an image from a week ago and see what happens exactly.

AvikB

Clear the cache that might fix it. btw i am pretty young :P
I learned and remembered that trick from a young friend ;-) but that doesn't fix it for this system. It really feels like something went wrong when updating. I remember the whole system behaving a bit strange, before I understood some updates probably were going on in the background already. I'll restore an image from a week ago and see what happens exactly.
are you on insider build?
also reset firefox preference, that might fix it. otherwise you might need to restore to a previous point. good luck.

hiccup

also reset firefox preference, that might fix it. otherwise you might need to restore to a previous point. good luck.

Thnx, I found the culprit.
A bit strange and unexpected, but it was the Firefox add-on Privacy Badger.
The new version (2.0) seems to break the replacement font feature. (Even when I disabled PB for the MusicBee forum pages.)
I just went back to an older version of Privacy Badger, and it's o.k. again.

AvikB

Thnx, I found the culprit. A bit strange and unexpected, but it was the Firefox add-on Privacy Badger. The new version (2.0) seems to break the replacement font feature. (Even when I disabled PB for the MusicBee forum pages.) I just went back to an older version of Privacy Badger, and it's o.k. again.
Glad to hear you sorted it.

hiccup

I noticed that a download link for a skin on the add-ons page is not working correctly.
When I click on the blue download button for 'The Blue Bee and the Sea' skin (http://getmusicbee.com/addons/skins/5/the-blue-bee-and-the-sea/) , it redirects to a dead link.
But the download link as setup is correct, and also works fine when used from the forum topic.

I'm not sure if this might have anything to do with it, but I notice a difference in use of capitals.
The original download link contains capitals: ( http://bit.ly/The_Blue_Bee_and_the_Sea ), but when I look at the url where you get stranded I notice lower case only. (the_blue_bee_and_the_sea)
Could that be why it doesn't work?

(I just checked, and this is seems the case for all of my skins on the add-ons page)

AvikB

I noticed that a download link for a skin on the add-ons page is not working correctly. When I click on the blue download button for 'The Blue Bee and the Sea' skin (http://getmusicbee.com/addons/skins/5/the-blue-bee-and-the-sea/) , it redirects to a dead link. But the download link as setup is correct, and also works fine when used from the forum topic. I'm not sure if this might have anything to do with it, but I notice a difference in use of capitals. The original download link contains capitals: ( http://bit.ly/The_Blue_Bee_and_the_Sea ), but when I look at the url where you get stranded I notice lower case only. (the_blue_bee_and_the_sea) Could that be why it doesn't work? (I just checked, and this is seems the case for all of my skins on the add-ons page)
yes the issue was causing because the url was converted in lowercase, i have posted an update to Steven, it should be fixed with this minor update. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

hiccup

yes the issue was causing because the url was converted in lowercase, i have posted an update to Steven, it should be fixed with this minor update. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks for your quick response. It only goes to show how popular my skins are. Haha

AvikB

Thanks for your quick response. It only goes to show how popular my skins are. Haha
;)
the update isn't live yet. hope steven update it soon.