Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 560407 times)

AvikB

just a question about the dashboard. when you update an add-on to a new version number, will the downloads counter be reset to zero?
no. The version number is independent from download count or likes count.

AvikB

At least two people now have asked about the skin shown at the top of the main page. (It's Monaural by Alumni, right?) Could we put a note or even a link to the Add-ons page for it, maybe over the image or right under it?
Or maybe change that image to one with MB's default skin. Folks are looking at the current image and expecting MB to open to that as the default. This results in "My newly downloaded MB doesn't look anything like the picture on the home page."
yeah i guess showing default skin would be nice.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
just a question about the dashboard. when you update an add-on to a new version number, will the downloads counter be reset to zero?
no. The version number is independent from download count or likes count.
Shouldn't the downloads reset when the version changes?
Wouldn't users re-downloading an updated add-on only be artificially inflating the stats otherwise?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

I don't think re-downloads from the same IP/account getting counted.

downloads are count per IP per account(which are then recorded).

Only few people keep their add-ons up to date. Resetting the count per version doesn't sound a good idea. Most add-ons would end up having a very small count.

AvikB

Shouldn't the downloads reset when the version changes? Wouldn't users re-downloading an updated add-on only be artificially inflating the stats otherwise?
Redownloading add-on won't increase the stat count. It is measured by IP(if not logged in) or userid(if logged in). Versions does not matter in this case.

Bee-liever

I don't think re-downloads from the same IP/account getting counted.
Redownloading add-on won't increase the stat count. It is measured by IP(if not logged in) or userid(if logged in). Versions does not matter in this case.
Thank you very much redwing + AvikB for setting my mind at ease with this info.

Alumni

Would it be possible to give add-ons a subscription feature similar to forum topics, as in registered users receiving a notification when an add-on they've downloaded is updated?

boroda

AvikB, if its not too difficult, maybe its possible to add support for 2 versions of add-ons (mostly just for plugins): stable version and current beta?

AvikB

Would it be possible to give add-ons a subscription feature similar to forum topics, as in registered users receiving a notification when an add-on they've downloaded is updated?
yeah, that would be a good thing. I will look into it.

AvikB, if its not too difficult, maybe its possible to add support for 2 versions of add-ons (mostly just for plugins): stable version and current beta?
While this sounds a good idea, it might confuse a lots of new addon submitter. I will suggest you to submit it seperately using the "beta" set to yes and rename the addon to something like: Awesome Add-on [BETA]
and for the stable just name it simply: Awesome add-on, without any beta mark.

boroda

While this sounds a good idea, it might confuse a lots of new addon submitter. I will suggest you to submit it seperately using the "beta" set to yes and rename the addon to something like: Awesome Add-on [BETA]
and for the stable just name it simply: Awesome add-on, without any beta mark.
yes, its acceptable solution.

boroda

AvikB, not a big deal, but is it possible to represent topic pages as "1 2 3 4 .. page_before_last_page last_page" instead of current " 1 2 3 4 ... last_page" on board topic list? in general i want to see first the page that is 'before last page' to check that there are no latest comments.

Bee-liever

could .gif extension uploads be allowed for avatars?

and

the light/dark theme preference be permanently applied in profile settings?
Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:52:31 AM by Bee-liever

AvikB

could .gif extension uploads be allowed for avatars?
Gif can be uploaded, but steven and other forum members stated previously that GIF avatar is not something they like.

and the light/dark theme preference be permanently applied in profile settings?
Not possible.