Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 560441 times)

AvikB

wikia FAQ is now integrated into the FAQ page of the site. One thing to keep in mind is that whenever WIKIA is down the FAQ will be down too. Not a big deal, since most downtimes are temporary.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
wikia FAQ is now integrated into the FAQ page of the site. One thing to keep in mind is that whenever WIKIA is down the FAQ will be down too. Not a big deal, since most downtimes are temporary.

Of all the criticisms I could make of Wikia, stability is not one of them.

good solution. only please localized link. ofc i'll provide it.

Sounds good!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

well, i am not a wikia user, but just letting you guys know. :)

Chartal

well, i am not a wikia user, but just letting you guys know. :)

Hi, little question.
Why you don't used MediaWiki here on the MusicBee site?

AvikB

Hi, little question. Why you don't used MediaWiki here on the MusicBee site?
Too much work, specially integrating the site, creating custom theme, and then managing it. Upgrading/updating it, and lot. Also some one will have to port the current wiki and fix any issue with it.

Maybe in far future, who knows.

AvikB

A new update for the add-on right transfer feature. It is now fully functional. Here is the steps to transfer add-on rights. Only mods/admin will be use this feature.

first search for an add-on that you want the rights to transfer. a dropdown will show, select by clicking the select button.

and then enter the user id:

user ID can be obtained by visiting a user's profile or simply hovering over their username:

and then press submit. This is pretty straight forward. Also when the new mailing system is done it will send two email one for the original author and another one to the new author.

boroda

AvikB, let me know when new 'change ownership' command is available on main site. i want to copy all plugin pages from the wiki to this site, but wont do this until its possible to change ownership.

AvikB

AvikB, let me know when new 'change ownership' command is available on main site. i want to copy all plugin pages from the wiki to this site, but wont do this until its possible to change ownership.
this feature will come with the next major release(v2.0), it is already implemented and ready.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
just a question about the dashboard.
when you update an add-on to a new version number, will the downloads counter be reset to zero?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

when you update an add-on to a new version number, will the downloads counter be reset to zero?

I don't think it detects version change at all.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P

I don't think it detects version change at all.
That appears to be what I've observed as well.  Just hoping it wasn't the case  :-\
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
At least two people now have asked about the skin shown at the top of the main page. (It's Monaural by Alumni, right?) Could we put a note or even a link to the Add-ons page for it, maybe over the image or right under it?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
At least two people now have asked about the skin shown at the top of the main page. (It's Monaural by Alumni, right?) Could we put a note or even a link to the Add-ons page for it, maybe over the image or right under it?
Or maybe change that image to one with MB's default skin. Folks are looking at the current image and expecting MB to open to that as the default. This results in "My newly downloaded MB doesn't look anything like the picture on the home page."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here