Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 574150 times)

hiccup

When you list 'recent posts', right under the topic name it states 'Last post by...."

I might very well be mistaken, but I believe that in the old forum, before the name of the last poster, it also mentioned the name of the topic starter.
If possible I think that would be good to have.

Sidar

Is it possible for the forum to remember that I prefer the dark theme ?
Every time I leave and come back to the forum it reverts to light theme.

Also the font color in the dark theme post preview seems off:

AvikB

@hiccup and Sidar and psychoadept
Is it possible for the forum to remember that I prefer the dark theme ? Every time I leave and come back to the forum it reverts to light theme. Also the font color in the dark theme post preview seems off:

When typing a reply, the line positioning is not adjusted correctly for a new line beyond the bottom of the text box. The new line gets half cut off:

a new patch for the website has been sent to Steven regarding all the issues that are posted here. It should fix those issues.
Steven has posted the fix.

You need to clear your browser cache to see the changes.
Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:50:44 PM by AvikB

hiccup

Great, again lots of small improvements.

One more comment for today:
I feel that there is a lot of focus and reserved estate for 'statistics' on the main page.

In my opinion the fonts for the numbers in these rectangles could be a lot smaller, and I might even argue that the total number of posts in the vertical rectangle is not useful or relevant to have there, and might as well be removed altogether.
Anybody interested in such statistics can look that up in the statistics page.

Less is more!

(I now seem to recall me suggesting something similar last year, that it might be more sensible to show the number of posts for the last 24 hours, or 7 days there, but I believe you then explained that that was not possible with SMF)

Coogan

Wow!  The new website looks great.
Love the dark theme.  Really nice work.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Alumni

What happened to the report to moderator button? Some spam popped up today and I couldn't do anything about it.

AvikB

Great, again lots of small improvements. One more comment for today: I feel that there is a lot of focus and reserved estate for 'statistics' on the main page.
In my opinion the fonts for the numbers in these rectangles could be a lot smaller, and I might even argue that the total number of posts in the vertical rectangle is not useful or relevant to have there, and might as well be removed altogether. Anybody interested in such statistics can look that up in the statistics page. Less is more! (I now seem to recall me suggesting something similar last year, that it might be more sensible to show the number of posts for the last 24 hours, or 7 days there, but I believe you then explained that that was not possible with SMF)
I suppose you are right. Those number really does not contribute anything. I am still deciding if i should remove them or just make them smaller.

Wow! The new website looks great. Love the dark theme. Really nice work. Coogan
Thanks.

AvikB

theta_wave

What happened to the report to moderator button? Some spam popped up today and I couldn't do anything about it.

Just a note, the "report to the moderator flag" hides if the mouse cursor is not within the message body of the post.

hiccup

I suppose you are right. Those number really does not contribute anything. I am still deciding if i should remove them or just make them smaller.

If you would choose to remove them there, you could do something like this, which seems a lot nicer to me:

Alumni

Just a note, the "report to the moderator flag" hides if the mouse cursor is not within the message body of the post.

Oh there we go, that's why I couldn't find it.

hiccup

The title of the post here is cut-off, and it doesn't say the name of the poster.
There doesn't seem to be a space issue here, so it could be good to change that.

AvikB

The title of the post here is cut-off, and it doesn't say the name of the poster. There doesn't seem to be a space issue here, so it could be good to change that.
I am afraid it is not possible. SMF handles it internally.

rudolph

Forum takes too much space ?(width and height of every post), on my 1366x768 monitor it looks weird, on 1920x1080 it looks OK...