Author Topic: Where do I find the options to sync specific playlists?  (Read 3878 times)

Madmaxneo

Since I updated to the 2.5.5.721 version I have been unable to locate the option that shows which playlists I want to sync to my device when I connect it. Could someone please tell me where I can find that and the sync options at? I believe it used to be under "Devices" but if it was it is not under there anymore.

phred

• Global Moderator
Device settings always have been, and still are, under Devices but will only show up if you have a device connected.  I don't know what version you updated from, but there have been a couple of changes relating to devices, but these changes were made months, if not a year ago.  First change is that you can have multiple device profiles saved between MB sessions.  I have two devices, with different music and playlist options.  The other change is that you don't have to have the device connected in order to configure sync settings.

If not connected, Edit > Preferences > Devices > (select device) > Configure > Music

If connected, select device from Devices at the bottom of the left panel and the main panel will bring up the various options
Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:11:41 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Madmaxneo

Device settings always have been, and still are, under Devices but will only show up if you have a device connected.  I don't know what version you updated from, but there have been a couple of changes relating to devices, but these changes were made months, if not a year ago.  First change is that you can have multiple device profiles saved between MB sessions.  I have two devices, with different music and playlist options.  The other change is that you don't have to have the device connected in order to configure sync settings.

If not connected, Edit > Preferences > Devices > (select device) > Configure > Music

If connected, select device from Devices at the bottom of the left panel and the main panel will bring up the various options

I did not know you had to be connected now. I had already looked under Devices but there were no devices to select from. Basically what I need to do is connect my device, then set the playlist to sync then hit the sync button.....

phred

• Global Moderator
I did not know you had to be connected now. I had already looked under Devices but there were no devices to select from. Basically what I need to do is connect my device, then set the playlist to sync then hit the sync button.....
The device will show up under Devices (in the left panel) only when a device is connected.  You can use the Edit > Preferences etc method when no device is connected.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Madmaxneo

The device will show up under Devices (in the left panel) only when a device is connected.  You can use the Edit > Preferences etc method when no device is connected.

When no device is connected there are no options under Edit > Preferences, there are no devices listed and there is nothing else to select. Nothing shows up until after I connect a device.

Steven

• Administrator
When no device is connected there are no options under Edit > Preferences, there are no devices listed and there is nothing else to select. Nothing shows up until after I connect a device.
can you post a scrreenshot of that - that doesnt sound like v2.5 to me

Madmaxneo

I did post an image, but that post is gone... odd.
Deleted image... That image was for the other thread with the folder structure.... apologies
Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:58:18 PM by Madmaxneo

phred

• Global Moderator

I did post an image, but that post is gone... odd.
What we'd like to see is a screenshot of the device settings window.  Edit > Preferences > Devices.  It should look similar to the very first screenshot I posted in this thread.
Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:14:30 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki