Author Topic: "Object reference is not set to an instance of an object"  (Read 4526 times)

rurutia10

Sometimes when I play a song I get this error, does anyone know how I can fix this?

phred

• Global Moderator
- What version of MB are you using?  Help > About
- Is that the complete error? 
- Try looking at the error log Help > Support > View Error Log and see if there are any entries around the time that error occurs.  If so, copy/paste the lines here.
- Is there any commonality about when the error occurs?  And if you try playing the same song again, does it throw the error again?
- Make sure the music files are not marked Read Only.
- Are you running an AV program?  Might it be Avast?  If so, whitelist MB and see what happens.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

rurutia10

Thanks for the reply. Mymusicbee wasn't up to date, I was using a 2.4 version. If I click on a song again, it won't show again, but every once in a while it does and it's annoying. Not using any AV other than windows defender.

phred

• Global Moderator
If you haven't already done so, update to the latest version and keep an eye out for the next time it happens and then report back your findings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
you are still using a very old 2.4 version and should update it to version 2.5.5804 from the downloads page

rurutia10

rurutia10

Hmm, remapping my music collection to another hard drive seems to have fixed it for now.

rurutia10

rurutia10

I think I finally managed to fix this bug. I disabled Additional Tagging Tools and it stopped skipping tracks. I used it in combination with this: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_save_Play_Count_to_music_files_as_tag

Every time I finished listening to a track, it wrote the play count to the file, so maybe it kept lagging or something and skipped tracks because of it.

I'm putting that plugin-in the trash can and never using it again.

Steven

• Administrator
the issue would not be with the plugin, although i am struggling to think of how it would trigger the error in MB.
You could try v3 as the code where the error occured has been completely changed