Author Topic: MusicBee won't rip certain CD's  (Read 3353 times)

Bovril

Hi

I'm having problems ripping some cd's.

90% of the time all is fine, but then I try to rip and it wont have it.

Ok, so I put the CD in fine, Ctrl r fine, window pops up asking which cd/country, click and it finds artwork and tracks, click start and it appears to start but just stays on 0%. I've left it running like this a while to see if it kicks in, but nope. The CD drive is whirring away as normal. I have to abort. If i put another CD in, it ripps fine, put the other in again and same story.

It's currently happened 6 or 7 times. I'm now trying to rip Nirvana's Bleach. Will MusicBee just not like some CD's, maybe older ones?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
You imply that you're trying to rip an old CD.  Is it dirty and/or scratched?  Does it rip if you use another program?  We need to determine if the problem is with the CD or with MB.  It's been years since I've had a ripping problem using MB, so I'm tempted to blame the CD.  Especially since you say most rip fine.

Also, what version of MB are you using?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bovril

Used off Amazon!!

Looking at the back it doesn't look perfect, but playes fine in the car.

I used to use windows media on this pc with no rip problems, just crashed all the time, hence why i'm now using MusicBee.

Steven

• Administrator
for the problem CDs, enable secure rip in the rip settings. It will be a lot slower, but MB will make multiple attempts to read the CD.
Also any CD with copy protection cant be read by MB