Author Topic: New HBO Show on 70s Rock  (Read 3593 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
For those vintage rock folks out there, HBO is launching a ten episode series called "Vinyl" executive co-produced by Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger.  It's a long time coming since Jagger and Scorsese have been developing this vehicle since 2000.   It debuts in the US on February 14.  I'm not sure if it will be available outside the US.  This is not a documentary.  It's fiction based on 1970s music producing and performing in New York City.  The pre-release talk is really playing this up as a tribute to sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll.  And every advance review I've seen is raving about it.  Trailers are available for viewing via Google (at least here in the US) and you should be able to read some reviews.  They will be releasing a soundtrack album after each episode airs.  One review said in summary that "other shows were a slow burn.  On "Vinyl" you're shot out of a cannon.  It feels like you're strapped onto a rocket and it just goes."

I'm ready.  Strap me in.  I can't wait!!
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Iasc

Yeah, i saw a trailer for it yesterday. It will be shown on Sky in the UK and Showcase in Australia. Looks like it might be a good show.

phred

• Global Moderator
Episode 1 airs this Sunday (in the US) and the soundtrack has been leaked.  Most of the US news sites I read had reviews today (Friday.)  They ranged from "Exquisite" and raving, to somewhat mixed.  But I failed to see any review that was completely negative.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here