Author Topic: Multiple File Edit Causes Crashes  (Read 4449 times)

kmillz95

I've only recently started using MusicBee.  Most of the program works well, but I've found that performing a simple task such as removing the rating from multiple files at once can cause the program to stall for long periods of time or straight up crash.  It seems proportional to the amount of files you attempt to edit (editing 2000 files will cause more problems than editing 20).  Although I understand that this is normal, the delays are significantly worse than what I would typically experience in iTunes, which I used previously.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I suggest seeing if turning off your anti-virus software change has any effect on this problem.  Some AV software wants to scan ever file that is changed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

kmillz95

I don't really use anitvirus software.  After getting more used to MB I've found that the crashes only occur when I try to edit a very large number of files at once, so probably not a bug after all.  Although it's a minor annoyance I think I can learn to live with it because of all the other things MB does so well.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear!

I have found that if I've performed a whole lot of any kind of file operation, it's just a good idea to restart MB.  I made a toolbar button for it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)