Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291658 times)

Steven

• Administrator
There is a glitch when maximizing MusicBee with the tabs located in the caption bar, the top of the window appears to be cut off and a 1px colored border appears on top of the tabs.
that should have been addressed in the latest builds - is it still the case using the latest version?
edit:
just to be clear i am refering to the 1px line. The tabs will display using all the available height

To follow up a previous post, it seems that all of the titlebar buttons (minimise/maximise/close) have a mouseover effect. Is that intentional?
The buttons always have had a mouseover effect and why wouldnt you want that?
If you are refering to clicking on a skinned and maximised window caption bar, and showing the old windows 2000 buttons then that should have been addressed last week
Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:23:31 AM by Steven

Alumni

that should have been addressed in the latest builds - is it still the case using the latest version?
edit:
just to be clear i am refering to the 1px line. The tabs will display using all the available height

I'm running build 5794 (I think that's the most recent), here's a couple screenshots to show how the window looks when maximized.

The buttons always have had a mouseover effect and why wouldnt you want that?
If you are refering to clicking on a skinned and maximised window caption bar, and showing the old windows 2000 buttons then that should have been addressed last week

These screenshots might help explain, the second image shows the mouseover effect. In my case the "highlight" element is exactly the same as the "default" element, but a closer look shows they don't match exactly.

This is another small bug, where the tickbox image is not always centered properly for some reason.

I was wondering if you could help with this glitch, I probably made a mistake in skin.xml but I'm not sure how to solve it.
Sometimes when I collapse the main window the progress bar extends too far to the right, although minimizing the app and restoring it refreshes the interface and it appears normal again.

Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:25:34 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
I was wondering if you could help with this glitch, I probably made a mistake in skin.xml but I'm not sure how to solve it.
Sometimes when I collapse the main window the progress bar extends too far to the right, although minimizing the app and restoring it refreshes the interface and it appears normal again.
i have seen that myself with  the standard skins and thought it was fixed. Is the skin posted on the forum the one you are testing this problem with?

Alumni

i have seen that myself with  the standard skins and thought it was fixed. Is the skin posted on the forum the one you are testing this problem with?

Yeah, it's this one: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16808.0

Alumni

can you explain that some more

If the main window is maximized and then changed to windowed mode, after that is when see it, but it doesn't happen every time.

Steven

• Administrator
These screenshots might help explain, the second image shows the mouseover effect. In my case the "highlight" element is exactly the same as the "default" element, but a closer look shows they don't match exactly.
the reason is because you are using 16px height, but it needs to be 15px.

for the resizing of the progress bar, i cant reproduce. Would you mind sending me your latest settings again?

for the window maximised, the panel layout icon should be 28x20. However i will drop the controls down 1px when maximised
Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:36:30 PM by Steven

Alumni

the reason is because you are using 16px height, but it needs to be 15px.

Oh ok, I didn't know that.

for the resizing of the progress bar, i cant reproduce. Would you mind sending me your latest settings again?

Sent it to you.

Steven

• Administrator
i still cant reproduce any issue. You can trigger it by only toggling the maximised state by clicking the maximise/ restore button?

Alumni

i still cant reproduce any issue. You can trigger it by only toggling the maximised state by clicking the maximise/ restore button?

Yep, but I've also had a hard time reproducing it.

By the way I just noticed something strange. I switched to the mini player and then back to the main player, and this is what I see:

Steven

• Administrator
Yep, but I've also had a hard time reproducing it.
do you think the size of the progress bar is what it used to be ie, what it was when the window is maximised?
If will put in some more error checking as i suspect the code is failed before doing the resize of the progress bar. If what i say is true, the star rating panel would also not have been resized

Alumni

do you think the size of the progress bar is what it used to be ie, what it was when the window is maximised?
If will put in some more error checking as i suspect the code is failed before doing the resize of the progress bar. If what i say is true, the star rating panel would also not have been resized

I don't think so, the progress bar seems to be at different lengths each time it happens.

Steven

• Administrator
fixed for most of the issues reported by Alumni
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

for the progess bar, i dont have any more ideas and cant reproduce. It would be useful to know if it happened recently with any non-bitmap skins
also see my comment about the panel layout button size in case you missed it

Steven

• Administrator
Still some minor corruption at the top:
i dont think i will be able to address that without losing the window shadow effect. I guess its only noticable on windows 10 because of the strong border colours