Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291650 times)

Alumni

its still probably a couple of weeks before i will focus on skinning

I was wondering if there will be a new default icon set with the final v3.0, perhaps based on endeavor's concept?

hiccup

I was wondering if there will be a new default icon set with the final v3.0, perhaps based on endeavor's concept?

I suggested the same ( http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16607.0 ) but got zero responses, so there doesn't seem to be much interest/support for this idea.

hiccup

- My thoughts are simply to have an optional default that applies to any element docked in a panel (left sidebar, left-main panel, main panel, right-main panel etc) but to allow an override color scheme for each element as well.

- I know some of you want a tab based layout for when elements are overlayed. I will probably make that available as a musicbee setting rather than a skin setting

A bit difficult to imagine well beforehand, but this seems like a good approach to me. I hope you can also put in the effort to explain through comments (as you usually do) in the xml which element might be overruled by what other element. Those comments are very useful.
Also hopefully for v3 we can start off with an as cleaned-up and complete xml as possible.

And +1000 for optionally showing tabs in the side panels. I really don't want to loose those.

And a thought: have you considered making it possible to set specific fonts by means of skinning?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
not being skinned in 3.0
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Alumni

I hope it's not too early, but I have a list of bugs/requests related to skinning;

(tabs bar) element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Highlight" -- the foreground element is not taking effect.

(images) element id="PanelNewTab" -- code exists but not currently enabled.

element id="PlaylistManagerIcon" -- both new nodes require icon overrides.
element id="MusicExplorerIcon"

-- Support for fill/empty images for the volume level meter.
-- An option for square corners on tabs instead of round.
-- An override for the search icon in the search bar.
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:02:57 AM by Alumni

Alumni

A couple more bugs I came across;

(images) element id="FormCloseHighlightButton" -- there is a glitch associated with this element, when highlighted the image is partially distorted (I think it's being reduced in height). I tested this by using the exact same image as with "FormCloseButton".

(images) element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBar.Highlight" -- same issue as mentioned in my previous post.

With the tabs bar located below the caption bar there is a 1px gap directly underneath and to the left of the tabs bar.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:28:48 PM by Alumni

Bee-liever

some of the bitmap skins are not being rendered quite right

Dark Matter Energy 2.5

Dark Matter Energy 3.0

Faded is another skin that has a similar problem
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:52:43 PM by Bee-liever

Steven

• Administrator
the darkmatter skin i just downloaded from issac looks nothing like this, so can you confirm the skin name?
 and i dont see any obvious problems with the faded skin

Bee-liever

Oops! Dark Energy not Dark Matter (knew it had Dark in it  ;D  )

EDIT:
and Faded has the same problem as in the screenshot. Bottom few pixels of the TrackInfo image is being cut off.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:56:15 PM by Bee-liever

Bee-liever

re: thoughts on how skinning should be changed...
I know some of you want a tab based layout for when elements are overlayed.

for cohesion of the new design, could the tabs for overlayed elements and also in the tag editor be of the same design as the new tab bar?
and on option to have a icon and/or caption in the tab, as per endeavour1934's original mock-up, please,

Steven

• Administrator

Bee-liever

that should be fixed in the latest update

Not quite the same as in v2.5 but closer.
Unfortunately, the changes have caused errors with the placement of the progress bar in other skins (eg. Graffiti and Supernova)  :(

Steven

• Administrator
the v2.5 layout engine has some incorrect behavior which i guess some skins have worked around eg. v2.5 stretches images 2px higher than it should.
If its just those 2 skins then i am not prepared to spend time trying to accomodate the issues. If the issue is more wide spread then i guess i will need to but i would rather not as it will likely just cause problems elsewhere

Alumni

There is a glitch when maximizing MusicBee with the tabs located in the caption bar, the top of the window appears to be cut off and a 1px colored border appears on top of the tabs.

To follow up a previous post, it seems that all of the titlebar buttons (minimise/maximise/close) have a mouseover effect. Is that intentional?

Bee-liever

the v2.5 layout engine has some incorrect behavior which i guess some skins have worked around eg. v2.5 stretches images 2px higher than it should.

Since 3.0 is going to fix that behaviour (I assume) then trying to retrofit the older skins to the new version is, IMHO, a bad idea.
As long as we're kept informed of erroneous behavior, it should be up the skin creators to maintain their skins for future releases.

BTW - Windows 10 version 1511 has introduced the coloured title bar, but it works the same way as the coloured 1px border. It's sourced as a highlight colour from the desktop picture.