Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 296168 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
trying to get those damned lowlight scrollbars to work for Wing-ated and have run across a bug.

with these setting for the right sidebar

the stacked panels use the override settings from id="TrackInfoPanel.ScrollBar but the other panel only uses the default settings
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
trying to get those damned lowlight scrollbars to work for Wing-ated and have run across a bug.
trying with your win-ated skin now it looks fine to me. If you have made some changes then can you send that to me

Bee-liever

If you have made some changes then can you send that to me
PM sent

Steven

• Administrator
TrackInfoPanel.ScrollBar.Lowlight wasnt implemented. Its there for the next update

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:05:17 PM by Steven

redwing

This happens to some of my Dark-Fine Tuned series skins (Dark Orange here)

The problem is there's no such element as Menu.CommandButton.Pressed to specify button colors when pressed.
So can you make the fg of the button follow Menu.CommandButton.Selected when pressed?
I can't think of any side effects that change might cause.

Bee-liever

if colours are supplied for the override
<element id="Content[Artwork].Expanded" bg="23,23,20" fg="166,133,85" fg2="141,96,65" />
should the bg colour be used for the intermediate panel (when shown) and 'auto-pick panel colours' is also selected?

Steven

• Administrator
The problem is there's no such element as Menu.CommandButton.Pressed to specify button colors when pressed.
So can you make the fg of the button follow Menu.CommandButton.Selected when pressed?
i figured out how to better detect the state shown in your example and from the next update it will use the selected fg instead of the default fg colour

Steven

• Administrator
if colours are supplied for the override
<element id="Content[Artwork].Expanded" bg="23,23,20" fg="166,133,85" fg2="141,96,65" />
should the bg colour be used for the intermediate panel (when shown) and 'auto-pick panel colours' is also selected?
i think that is fair enough and i have made the change

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i figured out how to better detect the state shown in your example and from the next update it will use the selected fg instead of the default fg colour

Woot!  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Thanks, that's fixed.
But there's another bug related to this, which took me quite a while to figure out what's going on:

The bg of the pressed button becomes invariably 180,180,180 if main menu is shown as a button (requires relaunching of MB). If it's shown as (inline) menu bar, it's working fine.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But there's another bug related to this, which took me quite a while to figure out what's going on:

The bg of the pressed button becomes invariably 180,180,180 if main menu is shown as a button (requires relaunching of MB). If it's shown as (inline) menu bar, it's working fine.

Wow, nice investigation.  That's the one I'm still seeing; never would have occurred to me to try the main menu.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
With the new scrollbar lowlight elements, there is a point for both the main panel and the left sidebar where the scrollbar highlights but you actually still have the drag line selected.  It would be really helpful for not accidentally moving the side panels if that could be eliminated.

GIF:
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
mystery solved - thanks for figuring that out and its fixed for the next update

Iasc

just while i remember - i am adding an optional bg2 to these so you can get a fade effect
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].HeaderLine" bg="235,25,25" bg2="245,245,245" />
<element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtistSplitterLine" bg="235,25,25" bg2="245,245,245" />
and adding this for the new artwork grouping
<element id="Content[Artwork].SplitterLine" bg="235,25,25" bg2="245,245,245" />
with these new elements (which I love BTW) the brighter of the 2 colours leaves 1px dot at end opposite to main part

<element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtistSplitterLine" bg="9,20,37" bg2="58,113,207"/>

if you reverse the colour values the dot appears at the RH end

two separate issues - the dot is fixed for the next update and the different element used for when left & right headers is so you can control the fading if its just a left only header vs. a left & right header
Works fine when the dot is on the left.
Doesn't work when the dot is on the right ("Album" and "Album & Tracks". "Tracks" is OK)

This bug is back with the latest patch. Version 3.0.5948