Author Topic: Library does not load properly on startup  (Read 6331 times)

paralipsis

If the first view that MusicBee opens is my main music library, it appears to only show one artist, and her associated albums, like so:

Then, if I select another view (such as my audiobooks, inbox, or a playlist), then come back to my music library it shows as complete, like this:

If MusicBee opens to any other library than my music library and I then select it, it appears normally. This was happening in 2.4, and is still happening since updating to 2.5. I've reinstalled MusicBee several times of late because of various hardware and OS upgrades, but have always kept the Appdata and library database files from previous installations. I don't think this was happening the very first time I installed MusicBee, but rather, after reinstalling it and carrying across data from that first install. I could be wrong about that though.

I have this problem regardless of whether I am using my preferred skin, or whether I switch back to the default skin.

All my music is in the same place (E:\[...]\Music\[Artist]\[Album]). The music that appears when the library only partially loads is in the first listed artist folder in my default Windows Explorer view, and thus was probably the first thing I added to the database when I put my music in there, but otherwise there's nothing that differentiates it from the other music in my collection.

I am running MusicBee 2.5 on Windows 10 x64.

hiccup

I am no expert on this, but I am doubtful you can just copy the contents of your appdata folder to new MusicBee installations, and probably even more so when you also changed hardware and OS in the meantime.
I suspect your problem lies there somewhere.
If you do a forum search, you should be able to find several postings about backing up and restoring certain aspects of your MB installation, and more information about the workings and possibilities of using the appdata folder for this purpose.

paralipsis

Well, apart from this one glitch, it actually works quite well. I do the copy before installation so that the installer can write whatever it needs to make things work, but all the configuration files make it across. Just copying the library files from my music folder alone was very problematic.

I've had to do about four separate OS installs in the past couple of months. If I was rebuilding the configuration and databases for all my media apps each time I would have gone crazy.

Steven

• Administrator
as a guess i would say you have the library explorer opened with a particular artist selected, but you have the library explorer configured to 0 height so you dont see it

paralipsis

as a guess i would say you have the library explorer opened with a particular artist selected, but you have the library explorer configured to 0 height so you dont see it

Actually, something like that seems to have been the case. From the larger crop below, it doesn't look to be the case:

But after clicking "all" in the Library Explorer and closing then opening MusicBee again it shows the whole library as it should. Many thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.