Author Topic: Support for Minilyrics  (Read 24458 times)

Godwin

Hi Steven,

It seems that Minilyrics has its own database of lyrics uploaded by users as mentioned here: http://www.crintsoft.com/mlfaq-upload.htm
Their database is up to date and have synchronized lyrics for all the latest releases. When there is no synchronized lyrics available, I simply open that track in Winamp and have Minilyrics do the job. Many times it finds synchronized lyrics for most of my songs which Musicbee fails to find.

So it would be great if it supported MB. You may need to send them the SDK(http://www.crintsoft.com/players.htm)

But can they integrate in to the interface of MB?
I really like the way MB is now and don't want to have another window open by Minilyrics. If they can replace the MB's lyrics window with their API it would be cool.

Steven

• Administrator
i tried to contact them last week but no one has responded as yet.
Depending how they interface to WinAmp it might be possible to integrate by emulating winamp but i need to experiement and cant promise anything until i get time to try it out.
Also i've now added LyricsDB and will look at a couple of others
Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:47:39 AM by Steven

Godwin

In Winamp it has it's own window which uses Winamp's skin or it's own skin.
I only need Minilyrics to get synchronized lyrics. Other than that, there's no real use of it. Except Minilyrics has a neat feature where it can display the lyrics on the desktop.

Steven

• Administrator
i have figured out the basics of getting a mini-lyrics plugin working but i'm not so familiar with this software so could someone who has used it let me know:
- i can get it so the current playing artist/title and album are displayed in mini-lyrics
- but mini-lyrics doesnt seem to automatically download the lyrics, instead i need to click a button to do a manual search
- once the lyrics have downloaded, the next time the lyrics will show automatically

is that how you would expect it to behave? It seems the same when i use it from winamp but i am surprised it doesnt automatically download the lyrics and not sure if its because i am using the free version or doing something wrong in the plugin

REIKA

You need to configure it to download lyrics automatically.

[Preferences] > [Advanced] > [Lyrics Download: Auto download lyrics = Yes]

Steven

• Administrator
that option is already enabled - perhaps its because i'm using the free version

REIKA

that option is already enabled - perhaps its because i'm using the free version

No, probably there is the cause elsewhere.
The free version of MiniLyrics has no limitation of the function.
Free version only displays the dialog box which prompts you to buy MiniLyrics.
(I am Japanese translator of MinLlyrics.)

Steven

• Administrator
anyone interested in trying this out
unzip and copy/overwrite MusicBee.exe
http://91.121.119.215:8080/MusicBee/Patches/MusicBee.zip

and also copy this zip file to where MB is installed and unzip:
http://91.121.119.215:8080/MusicBee/Patches/MiniLyrics.zip

you should have:
c:\program files\musicbee\MLPlugin.ini
c:\program files\musicbee\Plugins\gen_MiniLyrics.dll

then edit MLPlugin.ini and change it to point to where mini-lyrics is installed. You just need to start MB and it will detect the 2 files and automatically invoke/interact with mini-lyrics

feedback appreciated - i cant get mini-lyrics to automatically download lyrics (manual search in ML is required) but seems to behaving the same when used from winamp

Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:23:35 PM by Steven

REIKA

I confirmed MiniLyrics(unregistered) to be able to download lyrics automatically.
(I deleted registration info by editing registry file.)
Of course, registered version also works well.

But there is one problem.
Playback control buttons(play, stop, and any other) of MiniLyrics are unavailable.

Steven

• Administrator
ok thanks for that feedback. I havent implemented support for those buttons yet - i was assuming most people would control the tracks from musicbee but i'll look into it

Antonski

It works fine here, but... you will make this optional, I hope. It would be nice if I could start MiniLyrics with a button, but only when I need it. 

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a right click/Show MiniLyrics command on the now playing panel. Its in the next update.

Godwin

Steven, excellent work with the integration!
I did some testing, please read below.

In order to check whether Minilyrics works properly I unticked all lyric providers in Musicbee. But when I restarted the first 2 lyric providers are ticked again. Bug?

In Minilyrics I have enabled "Save lyrics in mp3 file" under Preferences>Lyrics. It also saves the lyrics (.lrc) to C:/Lyrics by default which can't be disabled it seems. When I play a track that has no lyrics Minilyrics first searches then downloads and embeds the lyrics automatically. But at the same time Musicbee also searches for lyrics and it displays in its lyric window(due to the bug I mentioned above, otherwise it will not show any lyrics if no lyric providers are selected). What Musicbee should be doing here is give priority to Minilyrics first. If Minilyrics finds lyrics, Musicbee should refresh the lyrics window and display it. If Minilyrics doesn't find any lyrics then Musicbee should search it's lyric providers.

With regards to auto downloading lyrics not working for you, well it works fine for me(unregistered version). But I found that auto download doesn't seem to be working when the track already has unsynchronized lyrics embedded. Same problem in Winamp as well. There is an option in Minilyrics which I have set to "yes"(Preferences>advanced> Lyrics Download: Try to download synchronized lyrics (.lrc) even if having local unsynchronized (.txt) lyrics)
But it doesn't seem to be doing the job right. So I guess this is a Minilyrics issue. Other than that auto download should work. I hope you're using the latest version.

I checked the new build. Show Minilyrics option works perfectly but isn't there a way to hide the Minilyrics window?
This is what I'm trying to do; I want Minilyrics to do the searching and embedding of lyrics but want Musicbee to show the lyrics. I don't want to have the Minilyrics window open. Minilyrics should start with Musicbee but stay hidden. So that possible ?
If I could set a hotkey to toggle the visibility of the Minilyrics window that would be great!

Another issue: Minimizing Musicbee doesn't minimize Minilyrics. In Winamp when you minimize it, Minilyrics also minimizes. It's like it's part of Winamp.

Steven

• Administrator
when MB starts it defaults the lyrics providers if none are selected - so its intentional but i'll change it so if mini-lyrics is enabled it wont do that.

in terms of further integration, there isnt a way i am aware of that mini-lyrics indicates no lyrics are found. I guess one possibility is if the lyrics are downloaded, MB could check for that file.

I should be able to do something about synchronising the minimise. You can start MB with minilyrics in the background by unticking 'show minilyrics'. I'll add a hotkey for the toggle