Author Topic: MusicBrainz Picard q & a thread  (Read 89837 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I see! I thought you wanted release group, not release type. Since release type is automatically included when you tag with Picard, you just have to set MusicBee up to read it. I use it in my own custom tags, so I can share that as soon as I'm at my computer.
Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:55:20 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

That Ive asked as well, if its possible to use picard from musicbee to get the RELEASE TYPE

It seems you are looking for Media Type.
Picard will retrieve that information (when available) without any configuration necessary.
And MusicBee will display it when you select that tag for display:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It seems you are looking for Media Type.
Picard will retrieve that information (when available) without any configuration necessary.
And MusicBee will display it when you select that tag for display:

Based on the links, PROblem means Release Type, as in Album, Single, Compilation, Live, etc. I swear I will get my configuration posted tomorrow :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

Based on the links, PROblem means Release Type, as in Album, Single, Compilation, Live, etc. I swear I will get my configuration posted tomorrow :)

If that's the case it's a little bit more complicated indeed.
I think something like this should work:

- create this script in Picard:

Code
$set(SOURCE MEDIUM,$get(media))
$set(releasetypemp3,$get(releasetype))

- create a custom tag in MusicBee:

Then you should be able to get this:

This should work for flac and mp3 files. Other file types will probably need other tweaks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You don't need scripts in Picard to get either of them, they're both included automatically.  Look for Media and Release Type in the tag mapping here: https://picard-docs.musicbrainz.org/v2.4/en/appendices/tag_mapping.html

To access them in MusicBee,  you're right that Media Type is already available (see first screenshot). Release type can be configured in Define New Tags by following the Picard tag mapping (second screenshot). Then you can add it as a custom tag the same way as Media Type.

Adding Media Type as custom tag:

Release Type custom tag configuration:

Then you add it the same way:
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

You don't need scripts in Picard to get either of them,

For flac files Picard will write 'MEDIA' for media type. Without this script MusicBee will not recognise it.
And note that for Vorbis it should say 'releasetype', not 'release type'.

PROblem

I dont believe how good are u boys!

Thanks for help me to setup musicbee, Im gonna try some of ur advices, hope it works!

I will edit this comment later  ;)

PROblem

You don't need scripts in Picard to get either of them, they're both included automatically.  Look for Media and Release Type in the tag mapping here: https://picard-docs.musicbrainz.org/v2.4/en/appendices/tag_mapping.html

To access them in MusicBee,  you're right that Media Type is already available (see first screenshot). Release type can be configured in Define New Tags by following the Picard tag mapping (second screenshot). Then you can add it as a custom tag the same way as Media Type.

Adding Media Type as custom tag:

Release Type custom tag configuration:

Then you add it the same way:

Hi mate, and thanks for helping me trying to setup this. I´ve follow your instructiones, but I cant get the info from MusicBrainz.
I make this steps.

First, I create this custom tag
customtag

with this options
identifier

I tried with this info, and the one in your photo
musicbrainz

I go to autotag function, but it seems that musicbee dont get any info of release type. What im doing wrong?
This is my first time with custom tags and autotag, so maybe im not doing it well

Thanks!  ;)
Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:43:10 PM by PROblem

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I go to autotag function, but it seems that musicbee dont get any info of release type. What im doing wrong?
This is my first time with custom tags and autotag, so maybe im not doing it well

As previously mentioned you must use Picard to get this info. The auto-tag function in MusicBee does not include the Release Type info.  (Also, as hiccup pointed out, the tag code is RELEASETYPE for FLAC, not Release Type. Not sure what format you're using.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

sveakul

When opening a minimally tagged file into Picard and finding a match, my next step would be to save the new value tags into the file.  I do not want to add many of the tag types displayed however--e.g., all of the "Musicbrainz.." prefaced ones, Script, Barcode, etc.  I know I can right-click on those in the Tag column and choose "Remove" before saving the rest into the file, but that gets tedious when working with many files.  Is there a way to choose which Tags are actually displayed by default when doing a search, so saving just those is a lot quicker?  I did check the Picard forums and did not find a solution.

hiccup

I do not want to add many of the tag types displayed however--e.g., all of the "Musicbrainz.." prefaced ones, Script, Barcode, etc.
You can do that with scripting:

Here you can find the names of the tags you can use:
https://picard-docs.musicbrainz.org/en/variables/tags_basic.html
Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:55:20 PM by hiccup

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For what it's worth, keeping the MusicBrainz Id tags will help Picard identify the files again later if you decide you want to retag, add more info, or whatever.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

sveakul

You can do that with scripting:

Here you can find the names of the tags you can use:
https://picard-docs.musicbrainz.org/en/variables/tags_basic.html
Thanks hiccup that was spot-on what I needed and the deed is done.

hiccup

Thanks hiccup that was spot-on what I needed and the deed is done.

Great.
Referencing what psychoadept said, I would suggest to keep at least:
musicbrainz_albumid         for your albums,
musicbrainz_recordingid   for your single tracks.

That will speed up things a lot and prevent possible issues if you intend to run your files through Picard again at a later moment in time.
Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 06:56:28 AM by hiccup

Trugdish

Hello all

Musicbrainz picard adds an originaldate and originalyear tag, I am unsure how to configure MusicBee to display and sort by these tags, on file inspect MusicBee shows an emply value for these tags (maybe different as they are displayed with a space)

Any assistance?