Author Topic: Simple Question: How to add file to library with double click  (Read 2100 times)

8man

Hi, I just came over to MB from iTunes. Really loving it so far, but I do have one question.

With iTunes, when I would double click, say, an mp3 file in my Downloads folder, it would show up in my library and start playing. Now that I've set MB as the default player, when I double click files it does start playing in MB, but it does not seem to actually be added to the library. I know I can still do so relatively easily via click and drag, but I assume there's a way to configure it so that just a double click does the trick.

Probably pretty trivial, but I'd appreciate some help.

Zak

• Global Moderator
You have assumed... incorrectly.  :-\

There's no command line parameter to add a file to the library, and therefore no way to do it from Explorer.
Your options would be:

1. Add your download folder as a monitored folder, although that would mean all files you save there get added to the library.
2. Start a new thread in the wishlist forum, requesting a means for played tracks to be added to the library.
3. Wait patiently for someone to create a plugin that does the same.
4. Continue adding each track to the library manually. Assigning a keyboard shortcut to Send To: Library may help.
Bee excellent to each other...

8man

You have assumed... incorrectly.  :-\

There's no command line parameter to add a file to the library, and therefore no way to do it from Explorer.
Your options would be:

1. Add your download folder as a monitored folder, although that would mean all files you save there get added to the library.
2. Start a new thread in the wishlist forum, requesting a means for played tracks to be added to the library.
3. Wait patiently for someone to create a plugin that does the same.
4. Continue adding each track to the library manually. Assigning a keyboard shortcut to Send To: Library may help.
I see. Thanks for the help anyway. Option 4 sounds promising.