Author Topic: Last.fm woes and further thoughts  (Read 2181 times)

azfrankie

I'm sure many of you music lovers will know about the trouble Last.fm caused with the new look and limited services of their website. Many things which users came to love over the years have gone. No one can know for sure if the full functionality will ever come back.

Because of this unsatisfying situation I was wondering if MusicBee should be the starting point of a new way for music lovers to track their own listening habits. Since we have a built-in Last.fm scrobbling service why not have a reporting function which makes all that available to - let's say - services like WordPress or MusicBrainz? Or make it exportable to simple text files. Obviously we cannot rely on single services like last.fm which may change due to their commercial targets. Therefore I'd say: Leave the data to the users who created them!
Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:15:13 PM by azfrankie

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
Not a bad idea but I still like how Last.fm gives you suggestions and lets you meet people with similar tastes. I don't like how the new last.fm is limited but they said they'll start adding those features back. Same thing happened a couple months ago with Spotify for PC: new interface > lost features > slowly get features back.

Just be patient for now and let's see where they go with Last.fm :)
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

J24

You might want to check this out:
https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/new-site-launch-temporary-service-disruption-information

Also, you can still access your playlists at:
http://www.last.fm/user/_/library/playlists
just replace "_" with your username

J24

I just realized you can actually export your scrobbles from MusicBee to a text file. Just go to Help > Support > View Last.fm Scrobble Log