Author Topic: Get it more user-friendly  (Read 4165 times)

abolfazl_av

Hi,
There will be a lot of words to thanks from the developers of MusicBee to made it the world's best music player and organiser.
So I can just gather it as "THANK YOU" ;D.
But, I think it's better to have a place to post our suggestions to make it better.
At this point, I have some suggestions to make it more user-friendly.

1.In the main player where the tracks are displayed in details, if the user can edit some tags such 'Mood' by drop-down list it would
be more easier rather typing every time for a track (like jetaudio or jr media center). indeed, a plus sign or something like that can be used to add a value to that tag.

2.If custom tags rather than (1-6) could be created/imported it would be very useful. so users which where migrating from other players such meida monkey or media center to musicbee where not to lost their extra edited tags on tracks.

3.The navigator panel can be extended more, such like Helium music manager so collections and other materials could be shown as tree view and made it more fantastic and user-friendly.

4.Also the library explorer can be extended more.

5.I think the player engine needs some works. Maybe famous plug-ins like DFX need to be written into musicbee so make the sound more powerful. and this need the developers hint.

6.If external player feature is added to the player we can use the benefit of other players too. of course it is better to have external players synchronized with musicbee while playing track. it's very easy to use winamp in this way.

and finally thanks again to developers for considering these suggestion. I should note that I had a lot of suggestions for COWON to make Jetaudio better but they don't use many of them. I found Musicbee to be the most comprehensive player.

Sincerely,
Abolfazl Valadkhani (James)

Steven

• Administrator
2. see Preferences/Tags(1)/define custom tags
4. could you explain some more
5. you can use most winamp plugins for DSP effects
6. i have no plans to integrate to other players apart from allowing video playback, which you can already specify an external program for that in the player preferences

abolfazl_av

first thanks.

2.Adding new tag has no effect. I'd used media center for long time and have edited the 'instrument' tag in that player, but by using musicbee and adding a new 'instrument' tag does not add a new tag to context menu of choosing columns in main panel

4. Currently in library explorer there is only one custom define, it can be more. besides, there should be easier way to swiching between view rather than righ clicking on it . for example small icons in its header.

Steven

• Administrator
2. if you open one of the files with this tag using the tag editor/ then click the tag inspector button can you see a tag TXXX/Instrument' ? use the TXXX/xxx or COMM/xxx name in the custom tag definition. If you are coming from media monkey, i think they actually store as COMM/SONGS-DB_CUSTOM1 so use that in the tag definition
4. you can set 2 custom sorts but i have no plans to add toolbar icons anywhere in the MB gui. You may as well use media monkey if you want that sort of thing but for MB i am trying to keep the GUI as clean as possible

abolfazl_av

2.That works, thanks :D

4.At least you can add more custom sorts, kindly

Sarge

you can set 2 custom sorts but i have no plans to add toolbar icons anywhere in the MB gui. You may as well use media monkey if you want that sort of thing but for MB i am trying to keep the GUI as clean as possible

HIP HIP HOORAY  !  :)

MB is more feature rich with less clutter ..gotta luv it .

abolfazl_av

I love it , its great,
but we will make it unique ;D

BlackRip05

I think the main attraction to MB (was in my case) was the fact it it's extremely user friendly with most of the necessary features required strait out of the box. Tried most of them and MB is definetly the most complete and user friendly MUSIC Manager.

Bottom line, is there place for improvements ? The answer is yes
Are all suggestion welcome ? Again the answer is definitely yes

However the beauty of MusicBee resides in the simplicity.

VX

I think the main attraction to MB (was in my case) was the fact it it's extremely user friendly with most of the necessary features required strait out of the box. Tried most of them and MB is definetly the most complete and user friendly MUSIC Manager.

Bottom line, is there place for improvements ? The answer is yes
Are all suggestion welcome ? Again the answer is definitely yes

However the beauty of MusicBee resides in the simplicity.

I quite agree.