Author Topic: [SOLVED] Windows 10 support?  (Read 5536 times)

Sam29

Hi, I have MusicBee portable 2.5 with latest .exe patch from the forums. In my Windows 7 64bit install, with my Android phone, reading and syncing worked perfect - no problems

Now that I've done a clean install and loaded Windows 10 64bit build 10240 as my new OS, MusicBee is working perfectly fine, except reading and syncing to android is broken, sadly. If i click sync preview, nothing happens. If I click the music node of my device it scans the first 500 files and then says an error message in the status bar, no files show up.

My android device is working fine everywhere else in Windows 10.

I'm running MusicBee in admin mode. I've tried deleting the device and reconfiguring it, changing from mass storage mode to MTP, but none of that works.

Anything I can do to get it working?
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:53:28 AM by Sam29

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What happens if you set up and sync a virtual device?  If that works, I suggest hanging on until Steven has the 3.0 beta ready to go, at which point he'll probably have to start addressing problems with Windows 10 anyway.  If you can sync a virtual device, then you should be able to copy it to your phone pretty easily.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
this would need to be a more general problem for me to spend time looking at this now. For myself, its all working fine.
Maybe there are some messages in the error log. Also try starting with synching a small playlist

Sam29

"Unable to retrieve files the (parameter is incorrect.." is the error in the status bar I'm getting. I'm using a Sony Xperia Go.

Thanks for mentioning the Virtual Device idea. I had no idea how that worked. Now I'm going to make a virtual device on my harddrive and sync that to my phone with FreeFileSync.

Steven

• Administrator
that does sound like a musicbee bug, probably something about the device synchronisation settings.
Is there anything in the error log (help/ support/ view error log) ?

Sam29

Uhh my apoligies I just used FreeFileSync and it completed the compare scan, but errors came up on many files.

I formatted the SD card from my device, and now, its working perfectly again with MusicBee.

Ahhh feels good.